Question My CPU has weird temperatures

Nov 24, 2019
I changed my motherboard from a prime b360m-d to tuf b360-pro gaming because i wanted to install a asus pce-ac56 and i didn't had space on the other motherboard.
After i installed everything, i opened a monitor program i noticed that the cpu temperature was 10 degrees Celsius more while idle, when i open something (like a browser) goes to 70-80 in 1 second and goes back to 45-50 in 1 second. With a cold start it goes to 70 degrees and goes back to 40-50. I though it was the thermal paste, i changed it like 5 times no difference, i saw if the heatsink was properly seated and looks good.
Are the sensors wrong? What could be the cause of this?
Sorry for my English hope you understand

Nov 24, 2019
I'm using the same cpu (i7 8700), i have already updated the bios, not sure about the bios compatibility, how can i verify that? In their site they say that the cpu is compatible so i'm guessing that the bios is too not sure.
I have turned off the computer and touched the cpu and i almost didn't felt heat, that's why i think is the sensors, but the motherboard is brand new.

kanewolf

Titan
I'm using the same cpu (i7 8700), i have already updated the bios, not sure about the bios compatibility, how can i verify that? In their site they say that the cpu is compatible so i'm guessing that the bios is too not sure.
I have turned off the computer and touched the cpu and i almost didn't felt heat, that's why i think is the sensors, but the motherboard is brand new.
If you swapped motherboards, but didn't do a clean OS install, then it could be a driver or Windows incompatibility with the new motherboard.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Just because the CPU temps spike up and down does not mean there is an issue.

You might 'think' the system is idle, but there is likely the chance that background applications are updating and doing things. Quite often, the system might just show the desktop, but things like anti virus, application updates and Java updates are going on without a window open designating that they are taking place, but open up the task manager and see what is causing load.

Nov 24, 2019
I did a clean OS install and i have the same result(a little better, maybe because there is less programs running), the temperatures are still too hot.

YLMAVf.jpg

I have noticed that my cpu vcore voltage was over 1.4 when hit this temperatures, don't know if that is normal

32PmwM.jpg

Nov 24, 2019
I fixed it, the heatsink wasn't seated properly, i heard the clicks when i installed the heatsink, but wasn't enough, the pins weren't all the way in. Thank you for your time to try to fix my problem