[SOLVED] My CPU Idles around 50 to 65 C

Feb 22, 2020
My pc started to idle higher and higher with its cpu temps. Currently i can run a game and get constantly 90 C. there is a liquid cooled/air cooler cpu cooler on my cpu. i have tried a few things with speed fan and with changing the thermal paste. I just dont want my cpu getting ruined.

I have:
Intel i7-8700k
MB Z370 IB-R
AIO cpu cooler iBuyPower
Few case fans

Solution

The closest product to the one you mentioned is a Cougar. But I cannot find that cooler anywhere at all except IBUYPOWER.

https://cougargaming.com/au/products/cooling/

The logos are similar, but clearly not the same. This means that you have a generic unknown cooler.

For a liquid cooler, 60-70C degrees while gaming is normal. If you're hitting 80, you should start getting concerned. 90C while gaming isn't normal.

I'd suggest you get a replacement cooler to see if your current cooler is dodgy, which seems to be the case
Jul 19, 2018
My pc started to idle higher and higher with its cpu temps. Currently i can run a game and get constantly 90 C. there is a liquid cooled/air cooler cpu cooler on my cpu. i have tried a few things with speed fan and with changing the thermal paste. I just dont want my cpu getting ruined.

I have:
Intel i7-8700k
MB Z370 IB-R
AIO cpu cooler iBuyPower
Few case fans

That cooler seems a bit dodgy. Can you provide it’s specs?

Jul 19, 2018

The closest product to the one you mentioned is a Cougar. But I cannot find that cooler anywhere at all except IBUYPOWER.

https://cougargaming.com/au/products/cooling/

The logos are similar, but clearly not the same. This means that you have a generic unknown cooler.

For a liquid cooler, 60-70C degrees while gaming is normal. If you're hitting 80, you should start getting concerned. 90C while gaming isn't normal.

I'd suggest you get a replacement cooler to see if your current cooler is dodgy, which seems to be the case

Last edited:
Solution

n00bguy84

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014
No expert here. But something is definitely wrong. I use the stock Intel cooler that came with my i7 6700 non K/locked version and my idle temps are like 24 degrees Celsius, maybe 25-32 when I started browsing. Games can make it go up. It depends on the game. Right now RDR2 can my CPU hot. Like 80 degrees Celsius maybe 85 and even 90 in some cases. Though it depends and it's always situation. I am going to get a CPU cooler though.

But you already have an AIO. You can try air cooling. I am going to get the Arctic 34 Esports duo and some Mx- 4 paste. The 34 Esports duo can be used on Intel and AMD CPU's. I heard it's the best budget cooler.