Discussion My CPU idles at 60 degrees and spikes to 100 when I do anything

Oct 24, 2020
I have an i7 8086k at stock settings and I have an Alphacool Eisbaer 360mm AIO cooler, I thought about overclocking to get more out of my CPU but I wanted to check temps first. I used MSI afterburner and ran cinebench r15 and my temps shot up too 100 right away then started to downclock, I then went into a game of Rocket League and my temps were 95-100 degrees and my CPU once again started to downclock.
I went into my bios to check pump speeds and they are fine (running around 2900 RPM) and to check my CPU voltage and it is around 1.2 which I think is ok.
I have flipped my pc to try to get out any air bubbles but all it did was make my pump sound louder and it didn't lower my temps so I don't think it helped. I also reseated my CPU and made sure to clean it and apply new thermal paste.
Please if anyone could help me out I would very much appreciate it.

Oct 24, 2020
It's your AIO. No way a working 360mm AIO would get to 100C on the CPU. You sure the pump is working?
I'm not sure because I feel vibration on the pump but nothing in the tubes, I have my pump set to 100% and can barely hear anything so I do think my pump is dead. I think I'm going to buy a Noctua NH-D15 because I have seen great reviews and it cools similar to Kraken x72, and if that doesn't work I'm probably going to delid the CPU.

Oct 24, 2020
IMG_20201024_191644.jpg
Also it looks like there is a lot of air in the pump