[SOLVED] My cpu is at 90 degrees Celsius how do I fix it?

May 21, 2020
My cpu has lately been at around 90-95 degrees Celsius and i don’t know how to fix this. I have an AMD Ryzen 5 cpu and a NZXT kraken cooler. My friend says to reapply thermal paste but I don’t think that it will bring it back down to what it was before. It is a year old and even when idle it’s at the same temperature. It used to run at 30-40 degrees Celsius and when I play games like call of duty modern warfare remastered it would run at about 40-50.

May 21, 2020
Why not?

Usually dusting out the heatsink/radiator and reapplying thermal paste are the general thermal maintenance activities. Also may depend on your fan curve although by 90c those should probably already be at max/100%
Definitely will try to reapply thermal paste hopefully it works. The fans are at 100%.

May 21, 2020
Why not?

Usually dusting out the heatsink/radiator and reapplying thermal paste are the general thermal maintenance activities. Also may depend on your fan curve although by 90c those should probably already be at max/100%
So I just reapplies thermal paste and now idle it’s at 78 how would I get it lower cause I feel like this is just too high

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
What are you using to read temps? Is Cam actually working or did a recent windows update mess with it (happened @ 2-3x a year with me).

Shouldn't need to reapply paste after just 1 year unless the original paste was dried out. Nzxt uses a pretty decent stock paste that should easily last @ 8 years+.

May 21, 2020
What are you using to read temps? Is Cam actually working or did a recent windows update mess with it (happened @ 2-3x a year with me).

Shouldn't need to reapply paste after just 1 year unless the original paste was dried out. Nzxt uses a pretty decent stock paste that should easily last @ 8 years+.
I used both cam and ryzen master to record my temps while gaming it is now at 94 and idle around 68 to 70. I thought that maybe it’s the liquid cooler clogged but I don’t think that’s the case scone I read that the liquid cooler was made to not require maintenance within a year at least.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yes. The nzxt has a 6 year warranty. Get ahold of them and get an RMA. Because of you using Cam, it sends your system data to them, they should (maybe) have record of normal usage that went out of whack. If not, push for a warranty replacement anyway. I haven't had to deal with nzxt warranty service, haven't had anything go wrong with mine yet other than fans failing after 6 solid years of continual usage.