[SOLVED] My CPU is cool but the fan runs at high rpm and it makes GPU overheat instead but it gets fine after a few restarts. What is wrong with my computer?

Jan 3, 2020
This is weird. These days as soon as i start my PC it makes a loud noise which is caused by excessive CPU fan speed which actually speeds up for no reason at all. The CPU idle temperature is below 40. As soon as I start to play a game or do something graphically intensive, the GPU keeps getting hotter rapidly until I can smell burning plastic and then if I don't stop, it overheats and shuts down. But after I restart the PC a few times or go to sleep mode and turn it back on a few times, the fan returns to normal speed and the problem is fixed. As long as I don't hear that nosie I can play any game with no frame drop all day long.

Firstly, how could CPU fan speed make GPU core hotter and secondly how does restarting the system fix the problem?

Solution
when asking for hardware help/advice always post your complete system specs here.

the CPU and it's cooler can not affect the GPU's temperature unless you have improper case cooling/ventilation.

if you are smelling anything bad coming from the system than you have a more drastic problem than just some excess heat.
something has gone bad or is going bad and is massively overheating to produce any type of burned smell.
when asking for hardware help/advice always post your complete system specs here.

the CPU and it's cooler can not affect the GPU's temperature unless you have improper case cooling/ventilation.

if you are smelling anything bad coming from the system than you have a more drastic problem than just some excess heat.
something has gone bad or is going bad and is massively overheating to produce any type of burned smell.

Solution