Question my cpu is getting overclocked and changing its clock itself

Aug 6, 2020
i have a ryzen 5 3600 with base clock of 3.6 Ghz and in bios it is set to 3.6 only but in task manager and other apps its shows its running at around 3.9-4.0,(keeps flucruating.) my cpu is getting hot i cant find a way to get it to run at 3.6ghz please help! my motherboard is msi b450 tomahawk max and i had downloaded dragon center( i heard it overrides bios settings ) but now i uninstalled and its still overclocked. Please help!

i have a ryzen 5 3600 with base clock of 3.6 Ghz and in bios it is set to 3.6 only but in task manager and other apps its shows its running at around 3.9-4.0,(keeps flucruating.) my cpu is getting hot i cant find a way to get it to run at 3.6ghz please help! my motherboard is msi b450 tomahawk max and i had downloaded dragon center( i heard it overrides bios settings ) but now i uninstalled and its still overclocked. Please help!
Go to your Power Plan in control panel ad set maximum processor state to less that 100% (99% for instance) and it should stay at base frequency.

Reactions: kurdtnz

kurdtnz

Prominent
Feb 24, 2020
1.Open Windows settings and click on 'system'
2.On the left, click on 'power and sleep' then click on 'additional power settings'
3.It then has a list of power plans.I use AMD Ryzen balanced. then click on 'change plan settings.'
4.then click on 'change advanced power settings' a little window will pop up saying 'power options'
5.scroll down to where it says 'processer power management' and click on the little '+' sign
6.click the little '+' where it says 'maximum processer state' and change it to '99%' then press 'apply' and 'ok'

ASK THE COMMUNITY