[SOLVED] My CPU is getting too hot

Sep 18, 2020
My CPU is getting too hot, I have an HP Omen Obelisk i7-8700 16gb ram with a 1060 graphics card. As I type this im watching a twitch stream and have only 2 other tabs open and im sitting at around 59 Celsius. Any idea on how to fix this or what I should do?

Solution
Thats a big OOF brother, no wonder youre getting temps like that with that "cooler" you might aswell open up your PC case and start blowing air onto your CPU lmao. I would HIGHLY recommend getting a new CPU cooler there are decent ones for around 20-30 bucks. Since you have 4 Case fans make sure you have 2 pulling air into your case and 2 blowing air out at the back or at the top back. that should solve your problem

Burigeller

Reputable
Sep 16, 2020
Honestly, im a noob when it comes to this. How can I tell what my cooler is? Also, I have 16GB ram and I have a total of 4 fans inside my PC
You could post a picture here and i could try to figure it out. What direction are your fans blowing? (intake/exhaust) 8700 tends to run hot but 1080p stream shouldnt be that much of a vulcano when it comes to your CPU. i had a OC 8700K at 5ghz and didnt have temps like that while watching YT or twitch.

Sep 18, 2020
You could post a picture here and i could try to figure it out. What direction are your fans blowing? (intake/exhaust) 8700 tends to run hot but 1080p stream shouldnt be that much of a vulcano when it comes to your CPU. i had a OC 8700K at 5ghz and didnt have temps like that while watching YT or twitch.

this isnt my listing but it is the computer I have ( im a prebuilt noob ) lmao
https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m96...MI6ciUkZz06wIVjIbACh1VVAcoEAQYAiABEgKWNfD_BwE

Burigeller

Reputable
Sep 16, 2020
Thats a big OOF brother, no wonder youre getting temps like that with that "cooler" you might aswell open up your PC case and start blowing air onto your CPU lmao. I would HIGHLY recommend getting a new CPU cooler there are decent ones for around 20-30 bucks. Since you have 4 Case fans make sure you have 2 pulling air into your case and 2 blowing air out at the back or at the top back. that should solve your problem

Reactions: SlaysterMG
Solution
Sep 18, 2020

Its crazy because I opened up my case and just left it off and it actually drastically changed the temp lmao. Im just confused on why this is happening now when I hadnt had issues like this until recently. I do appreciate the help. Any recommendations on CPU fans to get CPU coolers?

Burigeller

Reputable
Sep 16, 2020
Its crazy because I opened up my case and just left it off and it actually drastically changed the temp lmao. Im just confused on why this is happening now when I hadnt had issues like this until recently. I do appreciate the help. Any recommendations on CPU fans to get CPU coolers?
Probably alot of dust inside after using a while. idk how much of a budget you have but this one is pretty good for its price https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/Alpenfoehn-EKL-Brocken-ECO-Advanced-120mm_1301970.html