[SOLVED] My CPU is limited at 0.78ghz. This is in both cases, plugged in, plugged out.

Apr 26, 2020
My CPU is limited at 0.78ghz. This is in both cases, plugged in, plugged out. I used throttlestop and 'artificially' increased the speed by unchecking the BD PROCHOT box. This takes the speed upto 3ghz whereas the max speed deifined in task manager is 2.5ghz. Now what I wannna know is that is throttlestop safe to use, if not what could I do else to increase speed.

Solution
You're right, I bought this in 2014 and it started very recently. I have cleaned the dust out two times, the last time yesterday. But, the results are still the same, 0.78ghz. Honestly, this wouldn't have been a problem if I didn't had to render stuff. Without using throttlestop a video of 10seconds would take 9 hours to render @ 0.78ghz but when using throttlestop, the rednder times dropped by 5-6hours @ 3ghz. And that's what has gotten me worried because my cpus defined max speed is 2.50ghz.
And Thankyou for replying....I thought I might never get an answer for my post.

Oh my god 5-6 hours for 10 seconds? You need something more powerful.

That CPU will do 3.1ghz on turbo, if you're using throttlestop and running it on...

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
The laptop is Lenovo G510, Core i5 processor 4200M @2.50ghz 2 cores, Lenovo 20238

ok 4th Gen CPU tells me this Laptop has some years on it. Is this something that has just started? have you cleaned the dust out of it? Sounds like the CPU is throttling because its overheating. Using Throttlestop to override that is just going top burn up your CPU eventually.

Apr 26, 2020
You're right, I bought this in 2014 and it started very recently. I have cleaned the dust out two times, the last time yesterday. But, the results are still the same, 0.78ghz. Honestly, this wouldn't have been a problem if I didn't had to render stuff. Without using throttlestop a video of 10seconds would take 9 hours to render @ 0.78ghz but when using throttlestop, the rednder times dropped by 5-6hours @ 3ghz. And that's what has gotten me worried because my cpus defined max speed is 2.50ghz.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Oh my god 5-6 hours for 10 seconds? You need something more powerful.

That CPU will do 3.1ghz on turbo, if you're using throttlestop and running it on 3ghz and it is overheating the damage is likely done. I doubt it will last much longer as is.

Reactions: Ghanim95
Solution