Question My CPU is Overclocked by Default

Apr 1, 2020
Hello to everyone! I'm new here ;)
I bring you a little issue with my motherboard. (GA-990FX-GAMING)(BIOS up to date)
I've been having freezing problems when the PC is (I think) at full load. When I play game at High Graphics (DOTA2/CSGO) after a while, the PC gets freeze and I have to restart it.
I was looking around, and I found that the CPU (FX-8350) is working over the default 4.0GHz speed, (at 4.2GHz), and I dont know why. The motherboard in use right now, has never been overclocked before (the CPU has). Windows 10 is just installed and BIOS is at default settings.

Here is a picture I take from the BIOS information.

The only thing that I know, is supposed to be 20x200MHz

I assume is a silly problem, but I dont know how to face it :rolleyes:
Thanks you!

Your CPU is not OCed... it automatically boosts to 4.2 GHz by default(depending on load).

Have you tried clearing CMOS?
What are your temperatures(CPU, GPU, motherboard) during your gaming?
Make sure you're monitoring your temps with HWINFO.

Apr 1, 2020
Well, you were absolutely right... I think is the GPU temperature (not sure yet)
This PC is using and old GTX-560. When I play games at high graphics, the temperature rise until 212ºF/100ºC.
When I do a stress test over the graphic card, even at overload, it take the same temperature (dont know if the sensor only can read until that), but never freeze.

When I play at middle graphics it works great at 60fps and the temperature remains about 176ºF/80ºC (I think is great)

I dissembled my PC, clean the GPU and reviewed the thermal paste but is not giving me better numbers.