[SOLVED] My CPU is overheating and thermal-throttling randomly ?

Encall

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
Its idle at 50 C, full load at around 75-80 C. I noticed that when I encode videos which use CPU around 40%, my CPU would go up 95 C but stills not throttling, After leaving for a while my CPU is still 95 C but my frequency drop to 1Ghz.
When I touch the pump it was very hot but there's no heat coming out of radiator.
I don't think my pump is dead though maybe its overheat and stop working.
What do you thinks? Should I get a replacement?
I would change to air cooler but I want to sell this AIO.

My PC:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
MB : X570 Aorus Elie
Ram: 32GB Gskill Tridentz Neo 3600 CL18
AIO: Silverstone PF240 ARGB
PSU: 750W
GPU: RTX 2070 Super

Solution
Still no idea but I change it to Deepcool AK620 anyway. My warranty just ran out last month. My store was telling me that they get this model to be replace quite a lot maybe thats the reason.

Encall

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
I don't think my pump is dead though maybe its overheat and stop working.

That is dead or full of air. It's hard to sell a AIO that is not working. If it's hot at the pump but no hot air coming from the rad then it's not pumping the water.
Thats what I thought at first, but when I'm gaming or stress test using 100% CPU the AIO stills doing fine. idk why
It is still in warranty so I will get a replacement then sell it.

Then you probably need to either look at changing your fan settings for a more aggressive setting or look at the radiator to make sure both sides are clear of dust. How long has the aio been in use on that cpu? Is it possible it needs to be repasted with new thermal paste? Were in the case is the radiator located? You could have an air bubble, but like Zerk said if you don't feel any heat on the radiator the water is not passing through it.

Encall

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
Then you probably need to either look at changing your fan settings for a more aggressive setting or look at the radiator to make sure both sides are clear of dust. How long has the aio been in use on that cpu? Is it possible it needs to be repasted with new thermal paste? Were in the case is the radiator located? You could have an air bubble, but like Zerk said if you don't feel any heat on the radiator the water is not passing through it.
I think it only happens when CPU is running hot for a quite long time. I will test that today with some kind of temp logger.

Encall

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
Still no idea but I change it to Deepcool AK620 anyway. My warranty just ran out last month. My store was telling me that they get this model to be replace quite a lot maybe thats the reason.

Solution