Oct 10, 2019
Hello, one day ago i bought some "Thermal Paste" because my CPU was overheating, like 90°C -100°C . I applied it to my CPU and placed my Corsair Hydro CPU Cooler (Water Cooling), on top of it. It worked fine for a day, i had a maximum of 60°C, but now after one day, it's overheating like crazy again.

Is there something i could've done wrong? Im not very good at assembling PC's and stuff.
Could it be that i didnt apply enough thermal paste?

Oct 10, 2019
Post your PC's specs please?

The specs are.

Power Supply: Corsair VS 450

Mother Board: MSI z270-A PRO

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 3.6Ghz

Water Cooler: Corsair Hydro H45 Water Cooling

Graphics Card: Radeon RX 480 8gb

Ram: 8GB

This was a prebuilt PC that i bought online, so i dont know if you need anymore information then this.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You've probably remounted the cooler numerous times before this, so most likely the pump is dead/dying and it must be replaced.
If it were still under warranty, you could get the company that supplied you the prebuilt to replace it for you...

Oct 10, 2019
The fan is running perfectly fine next to the Water Cooling/Pump. Is there any way that i can test the pump?
I just dont feel like running out and buying a new Cooler if it isnt faulty. :(

Btw. The entire PC is around 2 - 3 years old now.

A lot of corsair coolers have a five year warranty, so it may be worth a call to the company that built the pc, or corsair themselves.

Are you running the icue software? If so, you should be able to see pump speeds.

Can you hear the pump running? Try placing your hand on the pump itself while the pc is on.

Reactions: Phaaze88

TRENDING THREADS