Question My cpu is overheating?

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
Hi
My i7 11700K touches 75C easily i wanted to know it's dangerous for CPU?
My cooling is Green glacuer 240 EVO (220W TDP)
PC specs:

CPU: i7 11700K
Motherboard: Prime B560M A
Ram:Kingmax 16GB 2666
SSD/HDD: 512GB SSD ADATA m.2 - 2TB HDD WD Blue
GPU:GTX 1660 OC
PSU: Coolermaster 850 Gold
Chassis: Green Z5 sourena

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include your ambient room air temps as well as the app you're using to monitor the temps. What app/game are you using to stress the processor in your build? BIOS version for your motherboard?

The processor has a maximum rated temperature of 100C.

Also note where that data is coming from. Modern processors have a lot of temperature sensors, so any app that reports a single temperature can only be trusted so much. If you use something like HWiNFO which polls all the available sensors the CPU is willing to report, it will provide a more comprehensive picture. So if the 75C is coming from one of the cores, it's fine. But if it's the entire package, you may want to start looking into your cooling setup (unless you gave the computer something CPU heavy to do for the past hour)

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include your ambient room air temps as well as the app you're using to monitor the temps. What app/game are you using to stress the processor in your build? BIOS version for your motherboard?
sorry
CPU: i7 11700K
Motherboard: Prime B560M A
Ram:Kingmax 16GB 2666
SSD/HDD: 512GB SSD ADATA m.2 - 2TB HDD WD Blue
GPU:GTX 1660 OC
PSU: Coolermaster 850 Gold
Chassis: Green Z5 sourena
im using CPU z for strees test and Core temp for monitoring temperature

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
The processor has a maximum rated temperature of 100C.

Also note where that data is coming from. Modern processors have a lot of temperature sensors, so any app that reports a single temperature can only be trusted so much. If you use something like HWiNFO which polls all the available sensors the CPU is willing to report, it will provide a more comprehensive picture. So if the 75C is coming from one of the cores, it's fine. But if it's the entire package, you may want to start looking into your cooling setup (unless you gave the computer something CPU heavy to do for the past hour)
thanks for replying

the HWmonitor program and the core temperature do not show the same temperature
why?

TRENDING THREADS