My cpu is really overheating.

Calimano

Prominent
Mar 9, 2017
So im getting in my A8 5600K cpu constant temperatures at around 90-110 celsius as mi HWMonitor says, idk why this is happening. Have any ideas on why?

D

Deleted member 1443762

Bad cooler installation.
Bad airflow

Take off the cooler, clean off the old thermal paste, apply new paste.
Check the fan for dust, clean it off with a can of compressed air.
Correctly re-install the cooler making sure its touching the CPU.
Check temps then fan speed in BIOS or software.

What are the rest of the temps like in the system? If you are running games and your case has bad air circulation your CPU is going to be continuously choked with warm air.

Calimano

Prominent
Mar 9, 2017
So, i have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 980, 8gb ddr3 ram, a F2A58M-S1 Gigabyte Motherboard and a 650w Power supply. Also, i've got 1 fan in the pc that is attached to the cpu, but i use 2 external big fans that blow cold air inside the case, wich are mostly for the gpu.

D

Deleted member 1443762

What case do you have?

D

Deleted member 1443762

Nice.

Calimano

Prominent
Mar 9, 2017
The problem is, i still think while gaming that 65 celsius is a little too much, and i can notice my game lagging a lot. So, do you happen to know any other way to lower its temperature?

D

Deleted member 1443762

65 Celsius is fine for gaming. If your are getting lag then its due to your A8 5600K. You have a beefy GTX980 but it's being held back by that CPU.

Calimano

Prominent
Mar 9, 2017
But the weird thing is, 1 year ago i was able to play with the same specs i have now, the same games at much higher framerate, like a lot higher, i really dont know what happened in between.

Calimano

Prominent
Mar 9, 2017

Could you clarify more? Im not really good with tech, i solve 99% of my problems looking in google.

CropEditPaste

Honorable
May 13, 2016

Ah, i see.

First you may want to unplug your computer to prevent shocking the components.

The RAM is usually next to the CPU inside the case, should look like little green sticks, and there may be 2 or 4 slots for them. If you have a GPU, it should be below the CPU, and is in a long slot that may have different sized slots by it. You will have to pull out a tab to remove the card. Blow off the gold plated contacts of the RAM and GPU and check the slots for dust or debris in it.

Calimano

Prominent
Mar 9, 2017

So... I've noticed an improvement, however, its still laggy, but its a weird kind of lag, its the same for all the textures quality, and my fps are stable and every like, idk 10s i get a big drop to like 10-20 fps.

Calimano

Prominent
Mar 9, 2017

Just tried it. Rainbow Six is still laggy af, even at the lowest settings.

CropEditPaste

Honorable
May 13, 2016

Try cleaning out the dust. Some components can get quite hot if they are covered by dust and they will begin to thermal throttle, essentially trying to keep the system running without melting themselves. Make sure to unplug and press the power button to drain the remaining system power before beginning work on dusting.

Calimano

Prominent
Mar 9, 2017

Like i've said, i already cleaned it out of dust. Plus, my gpu even on really intensive games stays at 35-37 degree celsius, and at rest at 31 celsius.