My cpu is Stuck at 1.35GHZ when OC at 3.8 or 4.00

Feb 15, 2018
I have a Asus B350 Prime Plus , paired with a ryzen 5 1500x 3.5 Ghz and one Adata DDR4 2400MHz 8GB CL16 RAM , Kyngston 120 GB SSD for windows 10 64bit , and a GTX 1050 TI OC 4GB 128 bit from Gygabite . So i managed to OC the proceesor from 3.5 to 4.0 GHz stable in Cynebech and everything work perfect , but after i shiut down pc and boot it up the next day , my cpu goes to 1.35GHZ speed even thou it sais i have 4.0 ghz . and in order to get back 4.0 ghz i have to get again in bios and change the load line for the cpu from medium to high and it works , for a short pediod of time till the next reboot. I even tryied EZ System tuning that asus has Power saving Performance and Normal . And if i choose Performance my cpu should be at 3.8 GHZ but its not ..its still at 1.35... so i dont know how to make it stay at 3.8 or 4.0 ghz all the time . And it doesnt go above 1.35 in games ...they all have framedrops and low fps and its so annoying . please help !

tparizek947

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
I found similar with my 1700 on a asus b350i board, once i got past 3.6ghz my system would post and task manager showed what i entered in bios as the base clock but would not get past 1.35ghz or something similar. Not quite the same case as I never saw the set clock speed be reached. I found that adding a little bit more voltage solved the issue. I actually re ran into this issue as i bump my clock past 3.9ghz and more voltage once again solved the issue. I was using auto voltage up to 3.7ghz, in which i manually set an offset voltage afterwards

3.6ghz worked
3.7ghz, posted full load 1.35ghz
did that twice same result
3.7ghz with slightly bumped up voltage and full clocks

Feb 15, 2018
i am going at 4.0 ghz now at 1.275 votage and it seems to be working now , ut i set load line at extreme...not sure if i want to keep that at extreme for long . I tried puting more voltage but it didnt work , my cpu in task manager and cpuid sais its 1.37 ... so not sure if amping the voltage works for me ...

May 21, 2018
I've been having the exact same issue, been trying to figure out of its software related or hardware from trying to OC. Im sure its software because once i restart my PC once or twice it goes back to its OC speed. Im running an Asus Prime B350 Plus with Ryzen 1600. At stock speed its not affected but as soon as i try to overclock (even 3.5 or 3.6ghz) it has the potential to get stuck at 1.35ghz on boot-up. Before this i had it stable at 3.95ghz for about 3 months but then all of a sudden this happens. I've tried disabling start-up programs thinking there could be a clash there, but nothing so far. Also not sure if its the board or cpu