Wade Wilfong

Reputable
Mar 17, 2020
So i just built my PC yesterday and every time i opened a game my PC crashed so i looked and my CPU was idling at 70 degrees Celsius. I have a B550 as rock pro 4 motherboard and a Ryzen 5 3600. I don't know if its overclocked or not but its very hot i checked the thermal paste and cooler, that's not it but i cant figure out whats going on

Solution
Cpu with stock cooler idling at 75 decrees Celsius is way too high. I don't have Ryzen but you should check to see Vcore is operating normal or not. I guess you can google for info

- ASRock has release bios 1.1 Try to update to see if it help.
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550 Pro4/index.asp#BIOS
  • Double check to see if you have mounted stock cooler correctly or forgot to remove plastic off thermal paste.
  • Download different temp monitor software to verify it is not the software issue.
The 3600 shouldn't crash just because it's on the stock cooler.

What type of case and airflow setup are you running ? Is the cooler mounted correctly ? Why do you think it could be overclocked if you built it ? What PSU and GPU are you using ?

Wade Wilfong

Reputable
Mar 17, 2020
The 3600 shouldn't crash just because it's on the stock cooler.

What type of case and airflow setup are you running ? Is the cooler mounted correctly ? Why do you think it could be overclocked if you built it ? What PSU and GPU are you using ?
Uhh its overclocked because its running at 4.0 ghz out of the box i got a 600 wat 80 plus bronze
GPU 2060 Super Cpu is using stock cooler and idling at 75 decrees Celsius and 95 in game

Bob125484

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
Cpu with stock cooler idling at 75 decrees Celsius is way too high. I don't have Ryzen but you should check to see Vcore is operating normal or not. I guess you can google for info

- ASRock has release bios 1.1 Try to update to see if it help.
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550 Pro4/index.asp#BIOS
  • Double check to see if you have mounted stock cooler correctly or forgot to remove plastic off thermal paste.
  • Download different temp monitor software to verify it is not the software issue.

Solution