My CPU keeps resetting it's speed??

rstuart11

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017
I made another post about this and at first I thought it was just when overclocking to 4 Ghz, but now it's happening at much lower overclocks. So I have the Ryzen 3 1300X on the Asus PRIME B-350 PLUS board, and I have been able to get what seems like a stable overclock at 3.8 and even 3.9 at times. Whenever I tried to get to 4, the computer would reboot and it would automatically set the clock to 15 Ghz for some reason. I made a post about this already and haven't found a solution so I was planning on just leaving it at 3.8 which was stable. And then today after I turned the system on after being powered off I checked the clock and it is yet again at 15 Ghz. What do I do? I have never heard of anyone having this problem and have no idea what to do. Help!!

Solution
Did you mean 1.5 GHZ? (not 15 obviously !)
This should be an easy fix, go to Bios and disable all CPU power saving options (check EPU power saving mode and have it set to high performance), and verify that your system is running on high performance mode under Windows with advanced Power options setting CPU lower limit set at 100% as well if applicable.

R0GG

Distinguished
Did you mean 1.5 GHZ? (not 15 obviously !)
This should be an easy fix, go to Bios and disable all CPU power saving options (check EPU power saving mode and have it set to high performance), and verify that your system is running on high performance mode under Windows with advanced Power options setting CPU lower limit set at 100% as well if applicable.

Solution