My CPU only uses half of my ram as well as half the cores

Calwong

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
My CPU only uses half the ram I have (8GB out of 16GB) and half the cores (2 out of 4), I tried defaulting the BIOS but it still comes out at 2 cores (as before it used to use all the cores).

And the ram was always half of what I have got, and I have no idea how to use the rest of it.

CPU = AMD Athlon 2 X4 640
Windows 7 64bit

I have confirmed that the cpu only uses 8GBs and 2 cores with CPU-Z

My knowledge on BIOS, motherboards etc are very limited, please if you can explain in detail.

Calwong

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013

Though windows is the program that is detecting it only has 8 GB while I have 16GB I also checked on CPU Z that slot 2 was the only ram card being used and slot 1 wasn't even though I know there is a ram card in there.

Oh and CPU Z can only see 2 cores. Before I messed with the BIOS it was fine and was using 4 cores but I cant go back to that as the default BIOS settings isn't doing the job.

Sorry I forgot to include this in but the program is Windows, not any other program

Calwong

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013

I have 2 ram card slots same brand corsair

My motherboard is ASRock N68C-S UCC

Calwong

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013

Ok but I don't know how I use all the 4 cores since I messed with the bios and now it only uses 2, the default bios settings don't revert it back to 4 cores, as after I do so it still shows 2 cores on CPU a and 2 graphs on performance tab in task manager.