[SOLVED] My cpu reaches 110degree celsius

Aug 28, 2020
My cpu reaches 110°c the it shuts down when booting in bios i have not put the heatsink because we are checking only the motherboard if it is okay or not. Is my cpu broken or not
My motherboard aorus b450 pro wifi
Psu is seasonic m12 600 watts
And ryzen 5 2600

Solution
My cpu reaches 110°c the it shuts down when booting in bios i have not put the heatsink because we are checking only the motherboard if it is okay or not. Is my cpu broken or not
And ryzen 5 2600
Oh my that POOR ryzen 5 2600 jee I guess just put your cooler on it and monitor it's temps with hwmonitor or other software and use a program like intelburntest to stress test it to see if it can still function properly. During intelburntest default settings it should not reach 90c my ryzen 5 2600 only reaches about 70c max during the test. And just game with it to see if it still works. If it doesn't pass the test then try lowering clock speeds or putting it out of it's...

RamboRyza

Prominent
Aug 26, 2020
You might have just broken it by not running it with the heatsink on!

NEVER RUN A CPU FOR MORE THAN A FEW SECONDS, WITHOUT A HEATSINK ON.

It has no cooling capabilities whatsoever, and will not even throttle because you're in BIOS.

Apply some good thermal paste, and put your heatsink on. Do not touch that power switch until you have!

Cross your fingers, and hope you haven't cooked your CPU/mobo.

You might have just broken it by not running it with the heatsink on!

NEVER RUN A CPU FOR MORE THAN A FEW SECONDS, WITHOUT A HEATSINK ON.

It has no cooling capabilities whatsoever, and will not even throttle because you're in BIOS.

Apply some good thermal paste, and put your heatsink on. Do not touch that power switch until you have!

Cross your fingers, and hope you haven't cooked your CPU/mobo.
NEVER operate a CPU without a cooler attached. PERIOD!

RamboRyza

Prominent
Aug 26, 2020
NEVER operate a CPU without a cooler attached. PERIOD!

You can, when testing, in VERY limited circumstances. When you know EXACTLY what you are doing.

No point putting a heatsink on if you are testing specific mobo issues or testing POST, then you have to take it on and off twenty times haha

But i'm relatively certain this is NOT what the OP was doing.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
No. You can just set it on top of the CPU with paste but never without the cooler.
You can, when testing, in VERY limited circumstances. When you know EXACTLY what you are doing.

No point putting a heatsink on if you are testing specific mobo issues or testing POST, then you have to take it on and off twenty times haha

But i'm relatively certain this is NOT what the OP was doing.

RamboRyza

Prominent
Aug 26, 2020
Thats

The builders that don't know what their doing builders with experience put past on the CPU and set the cooler on top without fastening it down.

That's another way, again more time consuming but like i said:

'Each to their own'.

Never heard of anyone damaging a CPU if they know what they are doing and take precautions. That's the main thing.

And ryzen 5 2600
Oh my that POOR ryzen 5 2600 jee I guess just put your cooler on it and monitor it's temps with hwmonitor or other software and use a program like intelburntest to stress test it to see if it can still function properly. During intelburntest default settings it should not reach 90c my ryzen 5 2600 only reaches about 70c max during the test. And just game with it to see if it still works. If it doesn't pass the test then try lowering clock speeds or putting it out of it's misery. I haven't dealt with severe overheating like that before but that's just what I'd do. And please don't do what you did again.

Solution

beorn

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
And ryzen 5 2600
You didn't at least place an ice cube on it?