Commendable
Oct 16, 2018
I have built a computer

These are the specs:
Ryzen 3 1200
2x4 2400mhz rip jaws ram
EvGA 450w bt
B350 tomahawk artic
I was testing my pc without the gpu and it shows a red cpu led light, does that mean my cpu is faulty or is it just I need my gpu

Solution
I think I am good on many of these things, but could this be a motherboard or a cpu problem, if so how could I know if one of the two component is faulty
Only way to know is to swap and retest with a known working component.
If you are literally not able to boot at all, and you have followed all steps in the guide above, and the CPU light is still on, I'd be tempted to RMA the CPU and MB and the manufacturer will test if they are working correctly.

izankhan9

Commendable
Oct 16, 2018
It could yes.
I would have expected the VGA light to appear, but I haven't checked your MB manual. Assuming you also have CPU cooler connected to the CPU MB headers.
Yeah but the first time I was turning it on I used a vga cable to put it in just in case it did show anything, but It didn't. Although the fans are turning on, psu, case fan, and turning he stock cooler fan and turning the mobos led lights, they all stay on until I hold the power off button also I am pretty sure I have plugged everything in plugged where they should be.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I think I am good on many of these things, but could this be a motherboard or a cpu problem, if so how could I know if one of the two component is faulty
Only way to know is to swap and retest with a known working component.
If you are literally not able to boot at all, and you have followed all steps in the guide above, and the CPU light is still on, I'd be tempted to RMA the CPU and MB and the manufacturer will test if they are working correctly.

Solution