Question My CPU runs at 100% all the time and cant get it to stop

Feb 21, 2019
Its a ryzen5 1600x b350m motherboard and 3200 AMD memory trident z rtx 2070 ultra gaming I dont overclock and just game on ot only a few months old but slowing down because of it even reset windows killed superfetch and checked everything please help me does it even at idle

Feb 21, 2019
I have an issue where my CPU runs at 100% all the time and basic applicatiosn like tdiscord run using 50% usage when they used to use 2-3%. My Specs are
CPU: Ryzen 1600x
Motherboard: MSI B350M Gaming Pro
Ram: 3200Mhz TridentZ RGB Ram
GPU: EVGA RTX 2070
I ooverclocked used Ryzen master to 4.0Ghz and iveo nly had the pc for a couple months. Ive tried a full windows reset and all the popular fixes such as Killing SuperFetch and Reinstalling Windows. Please Help, Thanks!

This sounds like a software bug or a virus.

Bring up Task Manager and check what programs are running and what % of your CPU is being used. You may have to stop a program manually or turn it off if it boots up on Windows start-up. You should be able to stop a program by right clicking on it in Task Manager. Different updates to Windows 10 give different options to stop a program from launching on start up, click on the Startup tab and delete from there or follow the prompts.

What was the last thing you did prior to this problem? Sometimes that will lead to the answer.

Run a good anti-virus program to check for a virus.

If you need help stopping a program please post here.

Hamza Ahmed Jamil

Commendable
Feb 16, 2019
Mostly these are virus located in
C:\Users\(user name)\AppData
it can be local , LocalLow and Roaming

bring up task manager and check what program using more cpu.
then go to file location if its not important then delete it.
if you can not delete the file then simply end process it in task manager or boot up your pc in safe mode
and delete it.

TRENDING THREADS