Question My CPU started overheating and I can hardly use my laptop

Apr 21, 2020
So I have been using my laptop (Fujitsu) just like any other day and when I open any game my cpu just overheats and my fps drops by 75%. I have had no problems with my CPU before. I have installed some software to check the CPU's temperature and both cores are at 80°C when nothing is happening. When I restart my laptop, I can use it normaly just until I open a game. When I open a game the laptop starts working really badly and when I leave the game the keyboard stops working, I believe due to CPU overheating. My laptop has 8gb of ram, GT640M GPU, Intel i3 3110M CPU. Like I said previously I have never had any problems running even games like GTA5 so the PC specs aren't a problem I guess. Any ideas of what would be the problem and how to fix it?

Taking laptops apart is not fun, but, if you carefully track where the screws come from when you take them out (many use screws of different lengths at assorted back panel securing points, so keeping track is good!), you might be able to pull off the back panel and access the heat pipe/sink/fan assembly, pull it off, clean the underside of sink and topside of CPU die (gently!) where it connects with CPU and GPU, apply/thinly spread a tiny layer of thermal compound, perhaps it will be good to go. A postage stamp-sized die only needs a blob the size of a grain of rice or two...
Good luck!

Apr 21, 2020
Taking laptops apart is not fun, but, if you carefully track where the screws come from when you take them out (many use screws of different lengths at assorted back panel securing points, so keeping track is good!), you might be able to pull off the back panel and access the heat pipe/sink/fan assembly, pull it off, clean the underside of sink and topside of CPU die (gently!) where it connects with CPU and GPU, apply/thinly spread a tiny layer of thermal compound, perhaps it will be good to go. A postage stamp-sized die only needs a blob the size of a grain of rice or two...
Good luck!
I think I'm gonna get someone else to do it because I don't have experience so I don't wanna screw something up. But thank you for helping!

Apr 21, 2020
Ok so what happened is that I realised no hot air was coming out of the laptop so I opened the computer and saw that the fan wasn't spinning at all when the temperatures were about 75°C. So I touched it a little and it started working and for the next 10 minutes I could play any game just fine. But after about 10 minutes it stopped again and my CPU started overheating again. So I turned my laptop off and 30 minutes later I cleaned the fan with an air blower. But it still doesn't work at all.