[SOLVED] my cpu temp is 100 C !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sia_murphy

Reputable
Jan 23, 2018
hi, so i have 7700k and my cpu temp reaches 100c at 90-100% load also when i play cod warzone my temp is around 95 97. i'm using antec h600 pro liquid cooler . these are screen shots from core temp and my motherboard menu.
ps: i don't do any overclocking only xmp is on i have this computer for about 4 years
edit: more pictures added
edit2: new problem that i got :
ok so i did clean the fans and radiator and the dusts a bit i didn't touch the graphic card at all my temp in game now is around 75-82 max the radiator had a lot of dust but the first time i plug pc in it got restart like 3 time over and over then i did press the power button . also one time in between games that i run one the monitor color did get dark yellow and pc got restarted again i did play 30 min after i didn't notice anything is it normal or i do have bigger problems coming

edit 3 one time my screen got black when I opened the game I still could hear my friend in background though in discord and my friend me ( he said my sound was kinda bad though) and i got this error https://imgbb.com/PhxShfN again when i turn off the computer using turn off button .also when it got reseted over and over i got scared and turned off computer did i did a bad thing?

last edit i did replace the cpu cooler and problems went away only 1 did remain though ( the black screen sometimes white)
motherboard = View: https://imgur.com/a/aosZUBJ

core temp program = View: https://imgur.com/a/JYvDWDK

full case: https://ibb.co/3hNrgPf

cpu area : https://imgbb.com/LCNsVsz

warning that i got : https://ibb.co/PhxShfN

Last edited:
Solution
4 years, huh? That's a good run for one of those things. Probably time to trash it.

Some more info would help to be sure, like:
-How often do you clean it?
-When's the last time you reapplied thermal paste?
-While in game, feel both of the cooling tubes. Is there a noticeable difference in how they feel, or is it a slight one?
-Remove the side panel(to avoid reflections), take a pic of the interior, and post it here. [Use postimages.org, imgur.com, or imgbb.com]
A minimum of 59c. tells me that your cooler is at fault.
At idle, you should be seeing 10-15c. over ambient.
They do not last forever; in time, air leaks into the lines.
some possibilities:
a) There is air or a clog in the coolant lines.
b) The pump has come loose,
c) The pump is failing and no longer operating efficiently.
d) Your case and fan setup is not providing sufficient airflow to the radiator.
I see a cpu fan speed, but no other case fan operating.
e) You mounted the cpu higher than the radiator.
That allows air to accumulate in the pump.

Considering the small size of the radiator, you would get good cooling with a simple tower type cooler with a 120mm fan.
You would get much better cooling with a dual tower air cooler with a 140mm fan.
You would need 160mm height for these.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
4 years, huh? That's a good run for one of those things. Probably time to trash it.

-While in game, feel both of the cooling tubes. Is there a noticeable difference in how they feel, or is it a slight one?
-Remove the side panel(to avoid reflections), take a pic of the interior, and post it here. [Use postimages.org, imgur.com, or imgbb.com]

Reactions: sia_murphy
Solution

sia_murphy

Reputable
Jan 23, 2018

no i didn't do any cleaning or apply thermal paste again at all also just now my motherboard gave me an error here is the pic of the error and inside my case i think the cooler is gone do you have any low budget cooler recommendation
https://ibb.co/PhxShfN
https://ibb.co/3hNrgPf

sia_murphy

Reputable
Jan 23, 2018
A minimum of 59c. tells me that your cooler is at fault.
At idle, you should be seeing 10-15c. over ambient.
They do not last forever; in time, air leaks into the lines.
some possibilities:
a) There is air or a clog in the coolant lines.
b) The pump has come loose,
c) The pump is failing and no longer operating efficiently.
d) Your case and fan setup is not providing sufficient airflow to the radiator.
I see a cpu fan speed, but no other case fan operating.
e) You mounted the cpu higher than the radiator.
That allows air to accumulate in the pump.

Considering the small size of the radiator, you would get good cooling with a simple tower type cooler with a 120mm fan.
You would get much better cooling with a dual tower air cooler with a 140mm fan.
You would need 160mm height for these.
i don't think i had like 10-15 c at idle even when my pc ws new i had like 30-40 and on 100% load 70-80?

sia_murphy

Reputable
Jan 23, 2018
What is your budget?
I might suggest the scythe fuma 2 for $60:
https://www.newegg.com/scythe-scfm-2000/p/13C-0004-00085?Item=9SIA9ZH97B9538&quicklink=true
The best would be a noctua NH-D15s for $90:
https://www.newegg.com/noctua-nh-d15s/p/N82E16835608072
About the cheapest would be the cm hyper212; $40 or so.
They are a bit hard to install properly though.
i can't buy from newgg some store had some sales nearby for masterliquid lite 240 i can buy it but the question is , is it worth it? is it gonna fit in my case? can i get like 50 60 c at 100 load with this? here are the list i can buy my currency is تومن and my budget is 3000000 https://emalls.ir/لیست-قیمت_فن-پردازنده~Category~267~o~pa~page~3

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If your room is 73°F (that's about 22°C) your idle temps should be somewhere around 30°-35°C.

Most AIO's today will last @ 5 years before the coolant starts breaking down into its chemical components, molecules like oxygen are very small comparatively and can/will permeate through the rubber tubing, which lowers the liquid volume until there's not enough to viably keep the pump primed.

With such high idles to start with, you had an airflow issue through the case to start with most likely, which keeps the coolant at a higher temp and hastens permeation.

A pot of water might take months to evaporate. Get that same pot closer to boiling and months become hours/minutes.

When was the last time you gave the rad a good cleaning? If air can't go through, the fan becomes pointless.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
EVERYTHING.
-Get some compressed air cans - you should see them advertised for electronics, etc... get more than 1, because they freeze up and lose pressure rather quickly.
-Prepare some damp towels, and a small pan or pail of soap and water.
-A soft brush - perhaps an old toothbrush that isn't being used anymore.
-Some alcohol.
Take the PC apart and move it all outside where you can work - wouldn't want you blowing off a ton of dust back in your room right?

Fans(chassis, radiator, gpu, and power supply)
You can use a stick, or use your fingers. The goal is to prevent the fan from spinning while you use the air can - or you can wipe 'em down by hand if you wish.
Power supply fan: Use a piece of wood, like one of those sticks from an ice cream bar, to hold the fan in place while you blow it out.

Radiator
You can blow this out with the air cans, or you can be a little more thorough and swish it through the soapy water, rinse, and then blow dry.

Filters
Same steps as the radiator.

Motherboard
A combination of the air cans and the brush dipped in the alcohol(for more precision cleaning) should take care of this.
Avoid the socket the cpu is sitting in.

Gpu
I'm not going to hold it against you if you don't want to take this apart for more thorough cleaning, so just refer to the fan section.

Extras
Use the damp towels to wipe down the chassis panels(front, side, top, bottom...), power supply shroud, the cables(just the covers, not the connectors), HDD cage(if present).

I THINK that about covers it all...
It's a lot of work, but it could've been reduced if you kept up a schedule.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I use a 1/2" long boar bristle artist flat brush. Works great on heatsinks, fan blades, nooks and crannys that air just fails at getting clean.

That and a vacuum cleaner. Not to suck the dust/dirt from the components, but to suck the dust from the air after scrubbing with the brush.

With canned air, work methodically, start one corner, work your way to the other. No point jumping around, the stirred up dust just sets back where you just cleaned.

sia_murphy

Reputable
Jan 23, 2018
ok so i did clean the fans and radiator and the dusts a bit i didn't touch the graphic card at all my temp in game now is around 75-82 max the radiator had a lot of dust but the first time i plug pc in it got restart like 3 time over and over then i did press the power button . also one time in between games that i run one the monitor color did get dark yellow and pc got restarted again i did play 30 min after i didn't notice anything is it normal or i do have bigger problems coming

Sorry, I can't even decipher your numbers.
The Noctua NH-U12s would be an excellent choice.
https://emalls.ir/مشخصات_Noctua-NH-U12S-CPU-Cooler~id~243980
It required 158mm from the top of the cpu chip to the side of the case.

Another would be the cm master air 620:
https://emalls.ir/مشخصات_فن-پردازنده-کولرمستر-مدل-CoolerMaster-MASTERAIR-MA620P~id~4548887

If your case does not have t least a 120mm front intake fan, preferably two, install one or buy a better case

Jumpingmonkey2

Honorable
Mar 30, 2015
Do you have the pump plugged into cpu_fan socket? If so I'm 99% certain the pump is failing. Other 1% would be bad sensor on the cpu fan pins, but then the temps would be normal. Tra plugging the pump into another connector preferably directly from the psu so it runs full speed and check temps.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Screen turning yellow has nothing to do with the cpu, that's all concerning the gpu and/or monitor.

The 3x reboot was bios detecting a hardware change and adjusting settings/ram timings to get a viable boot. You didn't just unplug the fan when cleaning, you did something else and forgot to mention it or didn't know you did it.

As for temps, it's impossible to cool a cpu below ambient temps by mechanical means, and aircoolers and/or liquid coolers are mechanical. It takes chemical means, like liquid nitrogen or a peltier or phase change to get below ambient.

Remember that word, ambient. It's important because that's the surrounding air to an object. When you stand outside, the ambient temp is outside temp, but if you are in an air conditioned room, the ambient temp is the temp in the room, not the temp outside.

Same for a pc. If the rad was in front, pulling in outside air, you'd go with outside temps as ambient, but if the rad is used as exhaust, the air it's using is the air inside the case.

Regardless if your room is 22°C and you'd expect cpu temps of @ 32°C to 35°C, if the temp is 40°C inside the case because of lousy airflow through the case removing heat, the lowest idle you'll see is closer to 40°-45°C.

That will affect load temps as well, since you are starting out from 40°C and adding more heat to the case with the gpu exhaust, which lowers the efficiency of the coolant, and you get higher temps regardless of the cooling fan speeds.

High 70's, low 80's when gaming on a stock 7700k in a case with miserable airflow is common.

sia_murphy

Reputable
Jan 23, 2018
Screen turning yellow has nothing to do with the cpu, that's all concerning the gpu and/or monitor.

The 3x reboot was bios detecting a hardware change and adjusting settings/ram timings to get a viable boot. You didn't just unplug the fan when cleaning, you did something else and forgot to mention it or didn't know you did it.

As for temps, it's impossible to cool a cpu below ambient temps by mechanical means, and aircoolers and/or liquid coolers are mechanical. It takes chemical means, like liquid nitrogen or a peltier or phase change to get below ambient.

Remember that word, ambient. It's important because that's the surrounding air to an object. When you stand outside, the ambient temp is outside temp, but if you are in an air conditioned room, the ambient temp is the temp in the room, not the temp outside.

Same for a pc. If the rad was in front, pulling in outside air, you'd go with outside temps as ambient, but if the rad is used as exhaust, the air it's using is the air inside the case.

Regardless if your room is 22°C and you'd expect cpu temps of @ 32°C to 35°C, if the temp is 40°C inside the case because of lousy airflow through the case removing heat, the lowest idle you'll see is closer to 40°-45°C.

That will affect load temps as well, since you are starting out from 40°C and adding more heat to the case with the gpu exhaust, which lowers the efficiency of the coolant, and you get higher temps regardless of the cooling fan speeds.

High 70's, low 80's when gaming on a stock 7700k in a case with miserable airflow is common.
hey first of all thanks for the complete answer. second of all one time my screen got black when I opened the game I still could hear my friend in background though in discord and my friend me ( he said my sound was kinda bad though) and i got this error https://imgbb.com/PhxShfN again when i turn off the computer using turn off button .also when it got reseted over and over i got scared and turned off computer did i did a bad thing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts