[SOLVED] My CPU temp is high

Jun 27, 2020
My CPU temp is 40 in bios and then windows it changes to 50 to 60 and will randomly shoot up to 70 then back down my CPU is ryzen 7 3700x and stock cooler fractal design meshify c case I redid the paste but still high

Furzumz

Reputable
Yeah i did it that way it idles at around 50 to 60 somtimes 42 but for like 10 seconds then back to 50 and underload max is 79 temp

Newer Ryzen CPU's have high idle temperatures, that's normal. 79c max temp under load is perfectly safe and common among 3700x's

Tho stock coolers aren't all that great, its always recommended to get a better cooler. But as long as your temperatures aren't going anywhere near 95c then you should be fine.

As far as the noise goes...that's just honestly how these AMD stock coolers are. A decent aftermarket cooler should give you better temperatures and be much less noisy depending on what you go for

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020
Newer Ryzen CPU's have high idle temperatures, that's normal. 79c max temp under load is perfectly safe and common among 3700x's

Tho stock coolers aren't all that great, its always recommended to get a better cooler. But as long as your temperatures aren't going anywhere near 95c then you should be fine.
yeah i was doing some research and everything saids its fine just annoying that i hear the fan crank up at the temp change tried some settings to reduce the sound which worked by still bit there thx for help

Furzumz

Reputable
yeah i was doing some research and everything saids its fine just annoying that i hear the fan crank up at the temp change tried some settings to reduce the sound which worked by still bit there thx for help

Stock coolers tend to be noisy

A decent aftermarket cooler is the way to go, it'll run much quieter and give you better temperatures depending on what you go with