[SOLVED] my cpu temp is so high :(

M2019

Reputable
Nov 14, 2019
hi guys,
i have ryzen 5 1600AF and my case is cougar mx410 with a single fan in the back to expel air
where i live is so hot temp in my room is about 33 ~40 c so while gaming on apex legends and ac origins my cpu goes up for 85 c on stock cooler
with a 3.4ghz and on furmark it reaches 96 c
i capped my voltage at 1.2 with a 3.6 ghz and temps are now around 80 most of the time except for furmark it still gets a 96 c
so is 80 good at gaming or is it dangerous and should i lower the voltage or what and is it normal to do so i got it for about 5 months now i used the thermal paste that came with the cpu fan

Solution
There are AIO in the $50 range. They perform about as well as an $35 air cooler though. To me they aren't worth it until you get to the thick 120mm or 240mm. If you simply compare the size of a standard 120mm radiator to your typical 120mm cooled rifle cooler, they are almost the same dimensions. Only benefit of the water cooler at that point is a longer time to get up to temperature.

Phillipson

Honorable
Jun 14, 2016
80 isn't awful, these things can handle that heat. But it could become a bigger problem in the future. If your area is humid/hot often you really should upgrade to a water-cooled cooling system. For 50$ you get peace of mind

GameCrucnh

Commendable
Sep 24, 2020
80 isn't awful, these things can handle that heat. But it could become a bigger problem in the future. If your area is humid/hot often you really should upgrade to a water-cooled cooling system. For 50$ you get peace of mind

An AIO is way more thaan $50, more like $120.

A custom loop is even more.

hi guys,
i have ryzen 5 1600AF and my case is cougar mx410 with a single fan in the back to expel air
where i live is so hot temp in my room is about 33 ~40 c so while gaming on apex legends and ac origins my cpu goes up for 85 c on stock cooler
with a 3.4ghz and on furmark it reaches 96 c
i capped my voltage at 1.2 with a 3.6 ghz and temps are now around 80 most of the time except for furmark it still gets a 96 c
so is 80 good at gaming or is it dangerous and should i lower the voltage or what and is it normal to do so i got it for about 5 months now i used the thermal paste that came with the cpu fan

80c is fine for gaming, although I would upgrade your CPU cooler. The Hyper 212 Black is a good budget choice. IIRC its like $25

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
There are AIO in the $50 range. They perform about as well as an $35 air cooler though. To me they aren't worth it until you get to the thick 120mm or 240mm. If you simply compare the size of a standard 120mm radiator to your typical 120mm cooled rifle cooler, they are almost the same dimensions. Only benefit of the water cooler at that point is a longer time to get up to temperature.

Solution