Question my cpu temps are high

skrappy

Prominent
Jun 23, 2019
when i use my 4 Cores on my i5 2400 the cpu temp reachs 93C 92C on intel diagonstic tool and so i got worried, i opened my case i tried to clean the dust a bit , there wasn't any dust, just on the cpu heatsink and i couldn't clean it a lot because i didn't have a 'compressed air can' but i tried with my mouth (i almost killed my self ,jkjk) that helped a bit and made my temps 87C (ik it still high)
ps : i have no fan cases

and someone suggested me to leave the case open since i have no fan in the case but i haven't tried it yet

what should i do im so so so worried
??

Well.....first I would run with the case open and look at the temps.

I also would check the cooler to make sure it's snug.

If the temps are significantly lower with the case open I would add case cooling.

I would do this before I did anything like pulling the cooler and repasting because it's faster and quicker and your paste may be fine.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Agreed, get a fan for some circulation. Leave the case open in the meantime.

You can always take the CPU cooler off the system to give a proper cleaning. Probably not a bad idea to replace the thermal compound anyway, given its age.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

i have no fan cases
That would be one precursor to those temps. What are your ambient room temps? Also with the system breadboarded, do you see the same issue with temps?

Better yet, list your specs like so:CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

skrappy

Prominent
Jun 23, 2019
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

i have no fan cases
That would be one precursor to those temps. What are your ambient room temps? Also with the system breadboarded, do you see the same issue with temps?

Better yet, list your specs like so:CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
mobo : h61 Zillon
8gb ram
HDD 500GB
PSU Capsys (chinese) 750W
gpu: gtx 1050
windows 10

skrappy

Prominent
Jun 23, 2019
alright guys ill try to see the temps with the case opeen as soon as i can :p
also i have replaced the thermal paste not to long ago , but the paste run out so i can't replace it anymore
i have noticed a lot of dust between the heatsink and i think thats why im getting those high temps tho

ill try the temps with the case open and if im still getting those high temps ill try to clean the dust if that doesn't workout ill get a fan for my case and see
and thank you everyone :p