Question My cpu usage goes up to 100% with any game i try running

Nov 6, 2022
Today I tried running some games and noticed that they were unusually very laggy. I check my CPU and it was reaching 98-100% usage, this wasn't the first time that it had occurred and usually the problem went away when I updated my drivers but this time I updated my drivers and the problem still kept occurring. I have tried everything from resetting my PC to reinstalling windows and even changed the processor power management to 8%
my specs are

Ryzen 5 1600
Radeon RX 570
16 GB ram corsair 3200 mhz
A320M-HDV R4.0 (motherboard)

Nov 6, 2022
my pc was just fine until today, I couldn't even run low demand games like roblox
I used the amd software and updated it to 22.10.3 are there different ways i can update drivers?

my pc was just fine until today, I couldn't even run low demand games like roblox
I used the amd software and updated it to 22.10.3 are there different ways i can update drivers?
You might try a clean driver install after a driver cleanup:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

The cleanup tool doesn't affect chipset drivers but I'd suggest getting the latest and installing them too.

And lastly: have you ever updated your motherboard BIOS? Check the motherboard's support web site to compare version numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
"...and even changed the processor power management to 8%" What do you mean with this?, Did you changed the Min, or the MAX processor state?

How old, is this system ?,

How old is the Windows installation / When was the last time you did a clean install of it ?

Try to run userbenchmark, and post the link to the full result page here, so we can got take a look (https://www.userbenchmark.com/)

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022
Yes, this from @drea.drechsler ^^

Bios updates bring a whole host of bug fixes, performance increases and solve compatibility issues. Keeping it up to date, particularly for Ryzen is important. Check your bios version, and look for an update.

It says my cpu should run this version of bios

ezgif-3-2f26840013.png

but after searching for bios versions it says if I have pinnacle CPU it is not recommended that I update to this bios?
ezgif-3-841f847443.png

this is the version of bios I am currently running

ezgif-3-389bc43c86.png

It says my cpu should run this version of bios

ezgif-3-2f26840013.png

but after searching for bios versions it says if I have pinnacle CPU it is not recommended that I update to this bios?
ezgif-3-841f847443.png

this is the version of bios I am currently running

ezgif-3-389bc43c86.png

Most old AM4 motherboard can't handle the info (don't have enough room on the internal memory) for all the AM4 CPUs out there (specially budget ones like the A320 you got).

So you got a R5 1600 or Ryzen 5 1600F?, cause those are not the same CPU.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Nov 6, 2022
Most old AM4 motherboard can't handle the info (don't have enough room on the internal memory) for all the AM4 CPUs out there (specially budget ones like the A320 you got).

So you got a R5 1600 or Ryzen 5 1600F?, cause those are not the same CPU.

I think 1600F but not sure, here's an image

ezgif-3-c17903e3eb.png

Yeah, thats not the old Ryzen 5 1600 Zen - summit ridge cpu, thats a newer Ryzen 5 1600AF Zen+ Pinnacle Ridge.

Basically the Ryzen 5 1600AF is a rebranded, slightly slower, Ryzen 5 2600 CPU.

--------------------

What about the other questions I did earlier?

"...and even changed the processor power management to 8%" What do you mean with this?, Did you changed the Min, or the MAX processor state?

How old is this system ?,

How old is the Windows installation / When was the last time you did a clean install of it ?

Try to run userbenchmark, and post the link to the full result page here, so we can got take a look (https://www.userbenchmark.com/)

TRENDING THREADS