Question my cpu usage is way to high [I5 8600k]

Oct 18, 2019
okay I am playing a game [fortnite]
and when I play the game on my I5 8600k [4.7 ghz opverlock] and my gtx 1060 3gb [overlcocked ]12gb ram ddr4 my game stutters a lot
the weird thing is tho that when I play on all my settings almost maxed out or all my settings at the lowest my fps does not change it stays the same
i dont no what to do cause when i look in my task manager and look at the usage my videcard is not using that mutch but my cpu is always at 80 procent or higher
so i tried to lower the overclock on my cpu but the diverence was not there
mabey my system was not good enouf so I looked at other people the game play whit the same specs and there fps was just fine
can somewhone help my explain what is rong

Fortnite does not require much gpu power so I’d expect its usage to be less than 100% and the limiting factor to be elsewhere.

Your 12gb RAM stands out as a problem. Some/all your RAM must be working in single channel and not dual. This may be causing your stuttering. Ideally you would be running 2x8gb in dual channel.

Oct 18, 2019
Fortnite does not require much gpu power so I’d expect its usage to be less than 100% and the limiting factor to be elsewhere.

Your 12gb RAM stands out as a problem. Some/all your RAM must be working in single channel and not dual. This may be causing your stuttering. Ideally you would be running 2x8gb in dual channel.

tnx I will try to do that