my custom build is having problems please help

Delagon37

Reputable
Oct 7, 2016
i got this computer off ebay a while back and it came with window 10 so i downgraded to windows 7 and since than ive been having all sorts of issues such as, apps crashing, many games crash or freezing, chrome browser would constantly give me the awe snap error and caused the bsod but after uninstalling chrome the bsod stopped, but i still get app and game crashes, even on games that are not even system hungry such as csgo, also in windows 7 i couldnt do windows updates cause it failed and stuck me on bsod so i had to restore and disable updates and windows defender would randomly crash....i upgraded to windows 8.1 and solved some games crashing but still have alot of problems. windows updates works but fails to update window defender...the windows 8 apps tend to just randomly crash....ive already tried different ram and it changed nothing, its not the graphics card cause ive had like 3 in it and had all the same issues.. ive tried 3 different hdd and still had all the same issues. whenever things crash i get a crash report and its usually a access violation

all in all i feel its the motherboard thats the problem

fyi all the os installed to the pc were installed with a 8gb kingstone flashdrive except the window 10 that came with it...that idk

SPEC:

Current OS- windows 8.1 pro

CPU- intel core i5-2320 3.00ghz (not overclocked)

RAM- 8gb ddr3

PowerSupply-480w WT480q

GRAPHICS- MSI amd radeon R7 250 oc edition 2gbs ddr3 (its the best i can afford so dont go telling me how terrible it is and telling me i need to buy some 3000$ gcard)

Solution
according to what i read online a cheap pcu would only cause freezes boot failure and operating system crashes

the ram is working and not faulty...i tested it in my friends computer and it worked fine

the pcu works fine in my dell optiplex gx620

the graphics card works perfectly fine

can a bad/currupt install of windows cause that
PowerSupply-480w WT480q

That is one god awful PSU. Invest in a good PSU and many of your problems will likely vanish.

It isn't the motherboard. Motherboards test themselves every time they turn on, if they fail - it doesn't boot.

BSOD is caused by a number of things, usually bad ram, bad OC, or bad installation (bad drives)

That said, its really hard to diagnose multiple issues at a time. That PSU is awful. Repalce it with a good, i mean good - high quality, 600W PSU. If you still have problems - repost.

Delagon37

Reputable
Oct 7, 2016

i cant afford a 600w that like over 100$ and i can barly afford a 40$ one

the one that was in the computer origonally was a allied atx 300w and still caused the same problems

Delagon37

Reputable
Oct 7, 2016
according to what i read online a cheap pcu would only cause freezes boot failure and operating system crashes

the ram is working and not faulty...i tested it in my friends computer and it worked fine

the pcu works fine in my dell optiplex gx620

the graphics card works perfectly fine

can a bad/currupt install of windows cause that

Solution