My custom built PC will not connect to my TV via VGA cable

PCBE

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013
Hey there guys I decided to build a computer and I had successfully finished but I did not get a monitor so then I thought I could use the TV which had a VGA port and I had the cable, but when I tried to connect it, it would not come. I have not yet installed Windows and I can't because I can't even get to the BIOS. All the fans work and everything is connected but I just do not know what is happening.

I had a problem trying to hook mine up too to start with. In my case it was the setting on the TV its self. make sure the TV is set to RGB input. many TV's when they say COMP they mean component not computer. This may work or it may not but worth the double check.

PCBE

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013

Thanks I will try that and I have a Panasonic Viera so it says PC not COMP. BTW do you know how to actually set it to RGB input. Thanks :)

every TV is different in terms of how to adjust settings so I really don't have an answer for that for sure. Mine i need to press the input button on the remote control and then select RGB. Your TV may actually say PC but in my experience the majority say RGB. If you have a HDMI cable around you may want to try that just to get the system up and running then try switching back.

EDIT: just for clarification; Component inputs use 5 different cables: Green, Blue, Red for video and White and Red for audio.

PCBE

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013

My VGA cable has got both VGA male sides

TRENDING THREADS