My custom PC

Bryant White

Reputable
Jun 4, 2014
Hi
I am making a comtuper from pcpartpicker. It says all part work together correctly so the motherboard connects to the CPU and things like that. I was wondering do I need to buy a chip or something for wifi because I don't want to buy it a build and ending up not having wireless. Do I need to buy something for this or does It come in the operating system?

Solution
Wifi will either be a built in feature of your motherboard or you need an adapter, if the board has wifi it generally indicates it in the title somehow, otherwise you have to buy something, if you put the link to your list we can take a look

SU11YBEAR

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
Wifi will either be a built in feature of your motherboard or you need an adapter, if the board has wifi it generally indicates it in the title somehow, otherwise you have to buy something, if you put the link to your list we can take a look

Solution
Some mobos come with a WiFi xmitter, but they are relatively rare. Post your link to pcpartpicker and we will have a looksee if you have one or not.

I recommend a separate PCI or PCIe WiFi card. That way is usually cheaper and if there are ever WiFi problems, it is easier to isolate the problem.

Yogi

Bryant White

Reputable
Jun 4, 2014

Bryant White

Reputable
Jun 4, 2014

Bryant White

Reputable
Jun 4, 2014

Bryant White

Reputable