Question My CyberPowerPC Experience - Do NOT Buy from them

Jul 3, 2019
Wanted to share my buying experience with CyberPowerPC:

The computer came in about 12 days after order and I pulled it out of the box and booted up. Fans were making odd noises so I turned off and went in and tightened screws that were loose.... Then checked everything else and noticed that not only were fans loose so was the graphics card. I have had PC's in the past from Alienware and have never had one come so poorly built as the one from CyberPower. After all of that I finally was able to turn it on. I paid $1500 for this computer but noticed they did cheap out in multiple areas besides CPU and GPU... the 16GB of RAM that was installed by them was a very cheap brand. I also noticed the SSD was cheap too and slow. I ran benchmarks on both and they are well below speeds of qaulity parts. I paid $1500 for a computer that I thought was going to be great but turns out the company cut corners by installing cheap parts. Now a year and 3 months later I start having power issues. Computer is restarting every 10-25 minutes... I pulled out the power supply and to not my surprise they installed a power supply that was the cheapest and most unreliable I could find on the market today... I called to see if I could warranty this out since I was just outside the 1 year warranty period and all they could say is no sorry you will have to buy yourself... Guy put me on hold for 25 minutes to go find a manager and he told me the same thing...

If you are in the market for a Gaming PC and do not want a company that cheaps out on parts go with someone else. It is very disappointing that I spent so much and the company is unwilling to help me out...

I have heard the Cyber Power PC's were exaggerated , I guess they can call them anything they want, "Gaming PC" is used very loosely. Anytime a PC is shipped it is best to check for loose parts because of the way shippers toss them around.

Jul 3, 2019
I bought this desktop via newegg https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16883230148?Item=N82E16883230148 it says it's a 350W PSU,but the one it actually came iwth was 400, but I'm upgrading it to a 500 because of some recent issues it's developed. It was only 760 all together. I've also added my own SSD for more room for gaming lol.

Yeah I feel they dont have good QA... Some parts on my PC were definitely not what I thought. RAM speed way lower than stated.

g-unit1111

Titan
Too bad you didn't come here first. Cyberpower is generally recognized as a joke among serious system builders for their tendency to cut corners, as has previously been explained. Their fails are well documented here.

Not to mention I work right next to a Cyberpower affiliated warehouse - I've seen their fails in action.

Jul 3, 2019
Too bad you didn't come here first. Cyberpower is generally recognized as a joke among serious system builders for their tendency to cut corners, as has previously been explained. Their fails are well documented here.

Not to mention I work right next to a Cyberpower affiliated warehouse - I've seen their fails in action.
Yeah like I said if I didnt buy it the bit coin era I would have built my own...
Ohhh well I can just upgrade components....

trappedslider

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019

Back then I wasn't aware of the site,and when I priced out the parts for my own computer, I forgot an OS, which would have put it over what I had available to spend and this one was on sell like i said.

USAFRet

Titan
Back then I wasn't aware of the site,and when I priced out the parts for my own computer, I forgot an OS, which would have put it over what I had available to spend and this one was on sell like i said.
"price" is not the only consideration.
A cyberpower for $100 cheaper than a box of parts is still a bad buy. Even at $200 cheaper, still a bad buy.

Assembly and warranty.
With your assembly, you can afford to take all afternoon to build it 'just right'.
Cyberpower, you get the 19 year old intern, with two weeks on the job, working through a monday morning hangover.

Warranty - You lose ALL the individual parts warranty. You get 1 year from Cyberpower, and YOU pay shipping cost for the whole PC back to them.
Your build, you get the standard 2-3-5-10 year warranty on the individual parts.

The GPU price hell from 18 months ago was bad, granted...

But, your warranty was expired, I'm not sure what free parts and/or service you really expected...

Let us hope a $50-$60 PSU at least gets you 'back in action' /FMC (common USAF term meaning 'Fully MIssion Capable') ASAP...

trappedslider

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
"price" is not the only consideration.
A cyberpower for $100 cheaper than a box of parts is still a bad buy. Even at $200 cheaper, still a bad buy.

If i hadn't settled for what I have now,i wouldn't be able to have a new computer at all. It would have been a box of parts that I couldn't use. the price was $754.98 so yes when i only had a given amount and a limited time frame price was my only concern along with making sure I had the graphics card I wanted and the OS included.

USAFRet

Titan
If i hadn't settled for what I have now,i wouldn't be able to have a new computer at all. It would have been a box of parts that I couldn't use. the price was $754.98 so yes when i only had a given amount and a limited time frame price was my only concern along with making sure I had the graphics card I wanted and the OS included.
That doesn't change the fact that a CyberPower system is rarely a good choice.
You're already paying double for parts...replacing the PSU.

Reactions: WildCard999

trappedslider

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
That doesn't change the fact that a CyberPower system is rarely a good choice.
You're already paying double for parts...replacing the PSU.
It turns out,that the 400w that came with the tower was the bare minimum required for the graphics card and I guess adding an SSD of my own was a bit much. the PSU was only 45 dollars. If i had the knowledge i have now, I might have looked more into the reviews but at the time it was a good buy.