[SOLVED] My D Key Is Being Weird

May 17, 2022
When i click my D key and hold it. it Clicks once. im Using a Laptop and When i Play Games and i Hold the D key it takes 3 Seconds for me to start to move to the right. Also when i hold keys A and d it doesn't work. ive observed that when i hold the d key it either clicks twice then stops clicking for 3 seconds and continues or it writes D and then northing else

Summary: My D Key takes a while to recognize im holding it down

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution

KyaraM

Admirable
Do you have an external keyboard? Does it happen there as well? Honestly, many laptops, from my experience, don't have great keywords. Some manufacturers, like Asus, seem to have that issue more frequently, eg. in their TUF Gaming line.

However. Did you check that no key is blocked anywhere on the keyboard? I had that issue once, num block enter key on a new keyboard was locked. Was one step away feom sending it back, then I had the (good) idea to check all keys. I'm glad I did, works like a charm ever since.

May 17, 2022
May 17, 2022
Do you have an external keyboard? Does it happen there as well? Honestly, many laptops, from my experience, don't have great keywords. Some manufacturers, like Asus, seem to have that issue more frequently, eg. in their TUF Gaming line.

However. Did you check that no key is blocked anywhere on the keyboard? I had that issue once, num block enter key on a new keyboard was locked. Was one step away feom sending it back, then I had the (good) idea to check all keys. I'm glad I did, works like a charm ever since.
No, i just have the built in keyboard

jasonf2

Distinguished
Try an external keyboard. Laptop keyboards can be replaced, but it is a bit of surgery. I would verify with a cheap usb keyboard. If the external works you then have the choice of replacing the internal or just using the external. My bet is you have a bad key switch.

Reactions: KyaraM
May 17, 2022
Try an external keyboard. Laptop keyboards can be replaced, but it is a bit of surgery. I would verify with a cheap usb keyboard. If the external works you then have the choice of replacing the internal or just using the external. My bet is you have a bad key switch.
yeah but im using a desk where a external keyboard wont fit

KyaraM

Admirable
yeah but im using a desk where a external keyboard wont fit
I would recommend a laptop stand, preferably with an open back or active cooling. If you can place the laptop in a steep enough angle, with screen and keyboard nearly forming a straight line, you should be able to fit a keyboard, have a better viewing height and thus potentially less back issues, and the underside of the laptop gets more air, potentially leading to slightly lower temps on the CPU. Or you test in a different location with more room before getting a stand if you don't want to spend more than strictly necessary, that's on you. Nobody can really help you much if you won't troubleshoot, though. Did you test for locked keys already, btw?