Question My dad and I was changing my gaming setup and after that all of my games only run at 1 fps. how can i fix it

Dec 23, 2019
i have a GeForce GTX 1080
i have the latest uppdate
i have 15.85 GB RAM
when i start upp a game the loading is the same as before but hven i get in it freezes and have only 1 fps

My first thought is you might have the monitor plugged into the motherboard and not the gpu?
Definitely a good place to start. As far as finding your specs, you can download cpuz which will tell you most everything. Or any number of monitoring software like hwinfo or similar.

Helpful info would be, cpu, mobo, ram, psu, gpu.

You say you moved your pc around, like physically moved it or moved components? In order to help, we really need to know what has been moved or changed.

Your fps was good before the change?

Dec 23, 2019
Definitely a good place to start. As far as finding your specs, you can download cpuz which will tell you most everything. Or any number of monitoring software like hwinfo or similar.

Helpful info would be, cpu, mobo, ram, psu, gpu.

You say you moved your pc around, like physically moved it or moved components? In order to help, we really need to know what has been moved or changed.

Your fps was good before the change?

physically i moved the hole PC, and yes my fps was good before. Can you guys help me im not good at this at all.

What CPUZ should i download?

Last edited:
Unless something was knocked loose or unplugged, moving a pc shouldn't have any effect on performance.

Any version of cpuz should work. Just try and find the newest version.

Double check all connections. Power cords, ram, etc. Triple check the monitor is actually plugged into the gpu and not the motherboard. This would definitely explain a serious drop in fps.

If computer didn't get bumped hard in the move try this just unplug computer from the wall, hold down the power button for 20 seconds than try to see if this helped.

My son has a gremlin computer that when he brings it to me to work on for some reason on his car ride home or just reasons? when he hooks back up I get a panic call Dad my computer is not working right.

Solution unplug-----------------hold down the power button 20---------------------Plug back in all is as it should be.

If computer "did" get bumped hard than yes have your brother do his magic.

Jul 12, 2019
okay. thank you gys for trying to help me. im going to ask my brother to look at it tomorow. thanks.
download the graphics card driver again, fresh ones, install them again, then go and restart your computer. Before starting any game, make sure you make sure nothing like utorrent or any your antivirus etc is running, that REALLY chews up your gaming memorty
If computer didn't get bumped hard in the move try this just unplug computer from the wall, hold down the power button for 20 seconds than try to see if this helped.

My son has a gremlin computer that when he brings it to me to work on for some reason on his car ride home or just reasons? when he hooks back up I get a panic call Dad my computer is not working right.

Solution unplug-----------------hold down the power button 20---------------------Plug back in all is as it should be.

If computer "did" get bumped hard than yes have your brother do his magic.

s

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Downloading and installing gpu drivers doesn't work 99% of the time because users just use Express, which does nothing more than look to see if a driver version is current and skips the install if the numbers match. To do it semi-correctly, you must choose Custom, and on the next page is the option to do a Clean Install, which needs to be checked. That will delete any existing file, regardless of version number, and install the downloaded copy.

The best way is to use Driver Delete Utility (DDU) from guru3d.com, run through safe mode. This eliminates all occurances of the drivers, files, folders, registry addresses etc, so a full fresh copy of the drivers can be installed without conflict from existing firmware/software.