MY DECENT BUILD+ BIOS ACCESS PROBLEMS

kwernesto305

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012
I had this setup build in early october, and overall im pretty satisfied with my computer thus far..
My only problem is i am having trouble accessing my BIOS.
I would like to access my BIOS to try some over clocking and to enable my turbo boost for the processor, but when ever i try to access it using the Delete key it freezes up
and i have to shut the computer down manually by holding the power on button. I am using a USB key board and mouse i don't if that makes a difference.
my setup is

Xion Predator 970 Gaming Series Mid Tower Case w/ 2 External Removable HDD Bays

CPU: AMD FX-8150 3.60 GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology [+0]

500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory

ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AMD 970 Chipset CrossFireX Support DDR3 Socket AM3+ ATX w/ 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI

600 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2 Builder Series CX600 V2 80 Plus Certified Power Supply

AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card

kwernesto305

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012
so in other words im pretty much screwed.... going to call the manufacture support line and see if i can get some help from the IT's over there... this is pretty frustrating i just want to over clock a little because it doesnt seem like the amd over drive feature in the catalyst feature is helping

Sorry, I've missed you can't access the BIOS.
You have two more options: in Windows, using the ASUS Utility or in DOS.
Read the manual and follow the steps. I suggest updating the BIOS in DOS. Allthough I've always used the Windows utility, without issues, it's more risky.
Even if something goes wrong you can order a new BIOS chip from ebay or ASUS estore and replace the board's one. It's about 20$.