[SOLVED] My Deepcool Castle 280rgb AIO won't light up, but both fans + the cooler works ?

Jan 12, 2021
So i connected everything and it works, but for some reason I didn't find the rgb controller that comes with the cooler. I probably lost it or smt. So i bought a rgb led splitter because i only had 1x header on my motherboard i plugged all 3 cables in the cooler units rbg and the 2x fans rgb cable but it still wont light up. All the 3x cables are 3 pin and the splitter i bought is 1x 4pin t 3x 4pin and idk why it doesn't work. Im at the point im going to buy a new motherboard my current one is Asus Intel PRIME B360M-A s1151 so if that's the problem i was going to upgrade to an asus rog motherboard or buy any controllers needed i just really want to make it work because everything else in my build is rgb and this really bumps me up. Thanks a lot for the help

Solution
I checked it, and you are right.

That means, you cannot use your argb-fans with your motherboard. You will need a controller like "Cooler Master ARGB LED-Controller".

But I do not have any experience with those controllers. But usually they need a connection to an USB-header on the MB and some propriaty-software, with which the argb-units can be controlled.

alexbirdie

Respectable
4-pin rgb-header do have 12 v , 3-pin argb-header are 5V, where every LED can be adressed and controlled.

They are not compatible.

Therefore:

I just checked your AIO.

Is for argb-connection.

You need a 3-pin 1 to 3 splitter cable and NOT a 4-pin-splitter-cable.

f.i. Cooler Master 3-Pin ARGB 1-to-3 Splitter Kabel 50cm (or something comparable).

Last edited:
Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch
Jan 12, 2021
4-pin rgb-header do have 12 v , 3-pin argb-header are 5V, where every LED can be adressed and controlled.

They are not compatible.

Therefore:

I just checked your AIO.

Is for argb-connection.

You need a 3-pin 1 to 3 splitter cable and NOT a 4-pin-splitter-cable.

f.i. Cooler Master 3-Pin ARGB 1-to-3 Splitter Kabel 50cm (or something comparable).
so I need one that splits my 4 pin rgb header to 3x 3 pin ones cuz I couldn't find any that does that because I found one like the one u sent but it said I have to plug it to an 5v so 3 pin header and it will split it to 3x but I have a 4 pin header on my motherboard

Last edited:

alexbirdie

Respectable
I checked it, and you are right.

That means, you cannot use your argb-fans with your motherboard. You will need a controller like "Cooler Master ARGB LED-Controller".

But I do not have any experience with those controllers. But usually they need a connection to an USB-header on the MB and some propriaty-software, with which the argb-units can be controlled.

Solution