Question my dell 780 pc cpu fan error message not going away

Mar 15, 2019
I replaced my cpu fan in my dell 780,and it runs at full speed,and I cannot stop the error message. I also have a problem with my usb keyboard,and mouse that does not work in my bios screen and I cannot make any changes to boot sequence, or any other settings so now its not booting properly either. so can you help me please. the fan i installed is an exact match for the original,and rewired it like the original,and it works. I am frustrated,and dell seems like little help.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to list the SKU to your Dell OptiPlex and mention the form factor. Can you link the fan that you'd purchased for the system as a replacement? Why did you need to rewire it? Are you on the latest BIOS for your prebuilt?

Mar 15, 2019
i had to to rewire it so that it will function as a cpu fan. the fan is an exact match to original. i rewired it successfully, and it works. it took almost two weeks cause only china had the exact one. everything is the same as original including wire arrangement,and matched visually from original. i updated my bios to latest one a15 for dell 780, and i also did a cpu upgrade which was successful. cpu running fine. the only thing is that my fan runs full speed always, and cpu temp normal 36-46 according to speed fan which is using its only good to monitor heat of system. once i got into my bios i load default all. my the fan control that is available says if enabled fan will run full speed all the time,and if unenabled the fan runs according to the envoriment of the pc basically automatic fan same thing happens fan still running full speed. .

Mar 15, 2019
if going to run at full speed like this then whats the sense its as loud as small room fan which i can take. i was able to get into my bios,and change all the settings to default,and my pc running good. the dell 780 bios are so limited,and you can hardly change anything. so i going to run it until this fan dies one thing for sure the good air flow keeps it real coll inside the pc. so thanks for the help. at least my pc cpu upgrade worked. peace out