Question My Dell G5 5587 Laptop Isn't receiving enough electricity from the wall; significant performance drops.

Nov 7, 2021
A few days ago I noticed my Dell G5 5587 (i5-8300h and GTX 1050 Ti) laptop was loosing battery percentage while it was plugged into the wall, and I had a big performance loss resulting of this. I did lots of troubleshooting. One of the things I did was remove the battery from the laptop, and then power it back on. I still had the huge performance drop. Which leads me to believe that the laptop is somehow not receiving enough electricity. I'm pretty techy myself, and I've never heard of or had a problem like this before. I also checked the temperatures of the CPU and GPU while playing a game and they are normal. Has anyone ever heard of an issue like this and/or know a possible fix for this?

Nov 7, 2021
how old is the battery? check battery health?

The battery is quite old, as old as the laptop, which is 4 years, but this doesn't concern me as I don't use the battery. I have my laptop stationary and being used like a desktop, I don't even have the battery plugged in currently, but the performance drops remain.