Question My Dell Laptop wont boot with a hard drive!

Nov 8, 2019
Hey, I have this laptop, its a dell Inspiron 17 and it was having really bad loading times. It got to the point to where you couldnt load up windows, so I thought it would be good if I wiped the harddrive and put a new copy of windows on it. So I wiped it and loaded installed windows on it again on my PC and it works, but as soon as I put it back into my laptop and try to boot it up it always gives me the message 'Operation System not found' or boot device unavailable or something along those words. Please help!

rustedmetal

Reputable
Sep 30, 2018
Hey, I have this laptop, its a dell Inspiron 17 and it was having really bad loading times. It got to the point to where you couldnt load up windows, so I thought it would be good if I wiped the harddrive and put a new copy of windows on it. So I wiped it and loaded installed windows on it again on my PC and it works, but as soon as I put it back into my laptop and try to boot it up it always gives me the message 'Operation System not found' or boot device unavailable or something along those words. Please help!
boot from a installation cd or flashdrive if you have one and see if that works if it works then it might be the hdd. Maybe try another hdd or ssd. Have you tried unplugging the battery and ac adapter and holding down the power button doe 30 secs and putting back the battery after that?

Nov 8, 2019
boot from a installation cd or flashdrive if you have one and see if that works if it works then it might be the hdd. Maybe try another hdd or ssd. Have you tried unplugging the battery and ac adapter and holding down the power button doe 30 secs and putting back the battery after that?
It does not work with a flashdrive w windows on it. Ive tried, and I will try the battery solution!

Nov 8, 2019
The Battery solution did not work either, still says operation system not found. Although if I launch through the flashdrive w windows on it itll try to install it back on the harddrive even though it already has windows. It crashes mid installation every time anyways.