My dell studio one 1909 goes black after startup

jgibson

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Dell Studio One 1909 Goes Black Right After Starup Each Time is it the inverter or power supply.
This is the First Place I've found that might seem to have an answer.
Thanks
Justin

guyr1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011

from my own experience i can say that poor assembly and/or bad quality or lack of thermal paste for the graphic chip set on the motherboard is to blame!!!
i had a studio one 1909 which went black every time after a minute or so after start up.
i bought an inverter replace it and the PC worked for 3 days and started going black again.
this time before blaming the seller of the inverter i removed the heat-sink of the main chip (graphic chip-set)and found no thermal paste or a thermal paste of bad quality which have dried.
cleaned the heat sink and the chip applied good quality thermal paste (AC mx-2).
replaced the inverter back to the original one and voila!!
tha pc is working flawlessly for 3 days now.

it was probably a high temperature shut down of the graphic on board chip which causes the problem- at least in my case.
hope it helped someone.
regards
guy

Stevo T

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014

So i came across this same problem at my office today with a customers Dell Studio one 1909 and i did everything i could without buying new stuff and the one thing ive found is the CD drive on the inside is toucjing something . I took it out and started it up and the all in one works fine. Hasn't turned off once (the screen).

sfurtado

Reputable
Mar 4, 2014
had the same problem. took the system apart and it seemed to be bad capacitors on the power supply. I replaced those two caps and the system worked fine. Check for rasied heads on top of the caps.

TRENDING THREADS