My desktop can't find my wifi

Sue Motionless

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014
I have a desktop that was given to me from another house and I've manger to turn it on but it can't find my sky router but other devices such as my iPad connect fine it can't find any devices at all bu
t I have a feeling it's still on the old local wifi

Solution
Most desktop computers do not have a wireless card built-in like laptops and other portable devices.
Does your PC have a wireless card in it? (look in Device Manager, under "Network Devices").

If it doesn't have one, you either connect it to your router with an ethernet cable, or buy a wireless card for it.

Basically, you haven't made it clear whether or not your PC has been wireless-enabled so you need to clarify that first.
Most desktop computers do not have a wireless card built-in like laptops and other portable devices.
Does your PC have a wireless card in it? (look in Device Manager, under "Network Devices").

If it doesn't have one, you either connect it to your router with an ethernet cable, or buy a wireless card for it.

Basically, you haven't made it clear whether or not your PC has been wireless-enabled so you need to clarify that first.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS