Question My desktop crashes (freezing - buzzing - Blue screen) randomly

Turin Turambar

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
Hello everyone, here is my story:
I bought a new MB at 10th of September because my previus went dead as the technician said. So i bought the Asrock H110 pro BTC+, the technician install it and gave me back the Desktop. I tried it but from the 1st day i was getting crashes randomly, in youtube, in games, in movies etc. Technician said that it needs bios update and maybe a clean install of windows on SSD. He did both, he even tried it at his place with programms and benchmarks etc, and again i got back the PC i tried it but it is still crashing.
I changed technician and the new one tried everything (he said so at least), Power was ok, Ram was ok, CPU was ok, Gpu was ok. He did a new clean install of different version of Windows, he also tested the PC with programms and games etc for 4+ hours and said that everything was ok. So, again, i get it back i tested on my home and guess what, i'm still crashing.
At this time, the pc had only windows 10 updates and some programms and one game that i wanted to test. The moment i played the game (APEX LEGENDS) it crashed. The crashes were either blue screen or freezing and buzzing. After a while i couldn't open the PC because of the repair procedure of windows. So i did a new clean install with original windows 10 Pro, while i was doing that i got blue screen twice. After 3rd try i manage to do the install and the first thing i tried was the W10 updates. While there, it started the crashes again with blue screen and error message etc.
I exclude everything from MB, GPU, Optical CD/DVD, HDD, Headset. The MB had only CPU, Ram and Samsung SSD evo 850 on it so i tried a new clean install. Everything was getting better and i could do anything even playing games, movies. So i thought to install GPU and see wether it crashes again or not. I put it on, i install the latest drivers and i used the desktop like that for 3 days and everything was fine while gaming. After that i thought to install the MB updates from CD manufacturer and some other programms like Discord and start using my PC at full. When i complete these steps the crashes started again. The same old crashes, freezing, buzzing, blue screen, even when not playing, just surfing or watching videos on youtube.
I sent the MB back to its retailer with the warranty to check if it has any problem. They came back to me with all the tests negative so the MB was ok. I got it back and i start searching for the errors. I did another clean install this time with HDD and not in SSD, but still crashing. I was fuming at this point!!
I did a last try with SSD and a new clean install but this time i did it on a different computer and put the SSD back to mine. It started well, tried step by step. Right now i have 3 games on SSD, LoL, Football Manager 2020 and Apex Legends. Right now, with GPU, SSD, RAM and CPU all on MB everything works perfect except the Apex Legends. When i play LoL or FM2020 the PC runs full and perfect but when i try Apex after 10 minutes i am crashing (freezing - buzzing).
Can't think any other tries or solutions for the crashes, I would appreciate your help - guidance on what to do next. I'm here for any questions.
CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 @ 3.2GHz Skylake 14nm Tecnhology
Motherboard: Asrock H110 pro BTC+
Ram: 2x8GB @ 1066MHz (14-14-14-32)
SSD/HDD: Samsung Evo 850 120GB (SATA) / WD Blue 1TB
Gpu: 2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 270x
PSU: XFX 750W Gold
Chassis: 1 normal fan back

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
With all things said and done, you're going to have to list your specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
OS: include the version of the OS you're working with and how you sourced the installer.

Given how this is a troubleshooting thread.

Why are you working with a Bitcoin Mining motherboard? That board has had issues in itself. You should've ideally returned the board and got a B250 chipsetted board.

Please add spaces/paragraphs in your thread to make your issue more comprehensible. It will only aid you with more users reading the issue and passing their knowledge for a solution to you.

Turin Turambar

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
With all things said and done, you're going to have to list your specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
OS: include the version of the OS you're working with and how you sourced the installer.

Given how this is a troubleshooting thread.

Why are you working with a Bitcoin Mining motherboard? That board has had issues in itself. You should've ideally returned the board and got a B250 chipsetted board.

Please add spaces/paragraphs in your thread to make your issue more comprehensible. It will only aid you with more users reading the issue and passing their knowledge for a solution to you.
I updated the info you asked about.
I didn't know that it was a Bitcoin Mining motherboard!!! The technician said that it fits well to my system so i bought it. I tried to returned it but it was out of DOA so they couldn't do anything aside from check if there is any problem and as they said there wasn't something to mention.

TRENDING THREADS