Question My Desktop PC has gone completely dead ?

emitfudd

Reputable
Apr 9, 2017
I was just playing a game on my pc and everything shut off instantly. No pop or anything. It was like the power went out but the lights were still on. I have tried unplugging the power from the wall, bypassing the surge protector (which is still lit up) and checking to make sure the power switch on the psu is on. I'm thinking its the psu. There are no lights on the motherboard, no fans spinning, just dead. The only other thing I can think of is the case power button but I would assume the motherboard would still have lights. Specs below.

Corsair 780T case
Asus Maximus Code IX motherboard
I7700K overclocked to 5.0 Ghz
Gigabyte 1080 ti
Corsair vengeance 32GB led ram running at 3000Mhz
AIO cpu cooler w/360mm radiator
2x 960 Evo 500GB M.2 ram
and the PSU is a Seasonic Prime titanium 850.

I built the computer in April 2017 so only a little over 4 years old.

The psu has a 12 year warranty but I am not going without my gaming computer for who knows how long. I would rather buy a new one, rma the old one and have a spare on hand. Does it seem most likely that the psu is dead?

Also this is not an overheating issue. My GPU temp was at the usual 154F and the CPU was running cool at around 130F. I have 2 140mm fans in the front of the case, 1 120mm fan in the rear of the case, one on the psu, 3 on the GPU and 3 in the top of the case for the AIO cooler.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS