Question My desktop randomly restarts when gaming

May 18, 2020
Hi,
Lately my desktop randomly restarts when gaming, I checked the CPU and GPU temperature and it seemed normal
I also restored the fatory settings since I needed to do it anyway and the problem persisted so it doesn´t seem to be a software issue.
I suspect it being a PSU problem but i´m not sure and i dont have any other PSU to test it out
I recorded my speed fan screen while it appened and this is the last frame of the video right befor the pc went down
Can someone help me understanding what´s going on?
My PSU is a cooler master g750m
gpu: gtx 980
processor: i7-6700K
ram: 2x8GB DDR4
motherboard: Asus Z170-A
and i´m running windows 8.1
b79u4x.png

May 18, 2020
Oh and i forgot to say
Sometimes my pc won´t start and there is no BIOS beep, i found out that unplug it from the current while still on and then attempt to boot it up normaly works
I don´t know if they´re related problems, but I dont think so because this wont start problem began a long time ago, but you never know

That model of PSU was alright when it came out, judging by reviews, but it is a 5 or more year-old model. I would strongly suggest a replacement given your high power draw hardware and restart symptoms.

Unfortunately, power supplies are not exactly cheap nor readily available right now, but the Antec NeoECO GOLD Zen units seem to still be available readily.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/BF...80-gold-certified-atx-power-supply-ne600g-zen
Or $10 more gets you 100w more which you don't really need.

Reactions: IvoBoas
May 18, 2020
That model of PSU was alright when it came out, judging by reviews, but it is a 5 or more year-old model. I would strongly suggest a replacement given your high power draw hardware and restart symptoms.

Unfortunately, power supplies are not exactly cheap nor readily available right now, but the Antec NeoECO GOLD Zen units seem to still be available readily.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/BF...80-gold-certified-atx-power-supply-ne600g-zen
Or $10 more gets you 100w more which you don't really need.

So i tought, in any case I'll take it somewhere to test if the PSU really is the cause of the problem before buying a new one
Do you think 600w is enough? Mine is a 750w one but i dont really know if i need that much or if a 600w it's good enough
Thank you for your response