[SOLVED] My desktop's getting old. Suggestions?

GangstaSlime

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2015
I built my desktop over 5 years ago and lag is becoming common among the newer games being made. At this point, I'm simply looking for suggestions for where I could upgrade in the near future (emphasizing 'future' because I'm not looking to spend anything at this exact moment). There are some parts that I upgraded not too long ago such as the PSU and SSD, so I don't plan on replacing those.
Thanks for the help :)

----Specs----
MSI AMD Radeon R9 270X Gaming 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Cards (x2)
MSI ATX DDR3 2133 Motherboard 970
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Noctua NH-D14 6 Dual Heatpipe Dual Fan Heatsink
Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 RAM
WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB SSD
NZXT Phantom 410 Case
Lots of fans (cuz water cooling scares me)

Solution
The Future is a hazy place, old parts stop being sold, new parts come out, prices change. How long is this buying parts in the future? A month? Then something suggested now is good. A year? Probably not. 6 months? Also probably not. Ask again when you can actually get something, and post a budget for the upgrades.

Probably all you would really need to change is the video card, unless you have a low end CPU. A 5 year old i5 or i7 CPU is still not bad for gaming.
The Future is a hazy place, old parts stop being sold, new parts come out, prices change. How long is this buying parts in the future? A month? Then something suggested now is good. A year? Probably not. 6 months? Also probably not. Ask again when you can actually get something, and post a budget for the upgrades.

Probably all you would really need to change is the video card, unless you have a low end CPU. A 5 year old i5 or i7 CPU is still not bad for gaming.

Solution