sloan1209

Distinguished
May 6, 2016
When I stream most games on Discord, my friends say it is very choppy and gets about 1 frame every 10 seconds. It didnt used to be this way, not sure what changed because I didn't do anything in particular software or hardware wise. I have streamed VERY simple games like "Forager" or "Risk of Rain" and it runs fine. When I stream a game like Witcher or PUBG though, it is bad. On my end, it seems to run fine for me and when watching my resource usage through task manager, my CPU and GPU are hovering in the 90% usage range but that seems normal. I have plenty of RAM as well. Any suggestions would help, I've tried messing with stream quality, turning off and on hardware acceleration in Discord, and packet priority in Discord but I have yet to find anything useful.

Windows 10 64 bit
1080TI
I5-9600k @3.7GHz
16GB RAM

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Titan
When I stream most games on Discord, my friends say it is very choppy and gets about 1 frame every 10 seconds. It didnt used to be this way, not sure what changed because I didn't do anything in particular software or hardware wise. I have streamed VERY simple games like "Forager" or "Risk of Rain" and it runs fine. When I stream a game like Witcher or PUBG though, it is bad. On my end, it seems to run fine for me and when watching my resource usage through task manager, my CPU and GPU are hovering in the high 90s -100% but that seems normal. I have plenty of RAM as well. Any suggestions would help, I've tried messing with stream quality, turning off and on hardware acceleration in Discord, and packet priority in Discord but I have yet to find anything useful.

Windows 10 64 bit
1080TI
I5-9600k @3.7GHz
16GB RAM

Hovering in the high 90s is absolutely not normal. Look at your CPU cooling solution and choose a more aggressive fan profile for the GPU.