[SOLVED] My display enters sleep mode at startup. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2021
Hi. My wife PC is used for on-line school during pandemic. She is a teacher and we have this problem that persist in the last 2 weeks no matter what we did to fix it.
I open the PC, the motherboard details appear on display screen, then when I was waiting for the windows passowrd protection screen to appear, the display screen goes black and I see two notifications: ATTENTION NO VIDEO IMPUT and then ATTENTION ENTERING SLEEP MODE. The PC keeps working, the lights on the keyboard react Ok when I press caps Lock or Num lock. No strange bips or any other things. The display remain black.

BUT: while the PC is in this state, if I remouve the HDMI cable from the GPU slot and then I put it back in...the image comes back like nothing happend. Right with the Windows password protection screen. I enter the password the the PC works fine for many hours. Very rare the the display goes black while the PC is in use, showing same mesasage: ATTENTION NO VIDEO IMPUT and ATTENTION ENTERING SLEEP MODE. If I remouve and replug the HDMI cable again, the image is coming back like nothing happened.

The screen goes black every time at startup and only rare while the pc is in use for many hours.

I updated the display driver, the GPU driver, I see no errors except "distributed com" in the Event Viewer and in Device Manager all is OK, I scanned the PC with my Bitdefender licensed software, I look for GPU temperature, power settings and I set the PC to never sleep. And nothing works. Can, please, someone help me? I do not know what to do.

My wife PC specs are:
Win 10 Home edition x64,
Intel Core I3, 7100 3.9 GHz,
GPU GTX 1050,
Motherboard B250 M Pro-VD (MS-7A74),
Display Phillips PHL223V5. For this one I use an VGA/HDMI adapter because I did not had a cable VGA-HDMI

Thank you very much for your help!

Jan 18, 2021
test with the motherboard output?
Sorry, what exactly I must do? I am relatively newbie. I know just some basics.

Regarding the cable I will look to order one today so I will avoid the adapter. I have already checked the connection between the adapter and the display and looks ok. The display port is VGA only and the GPU have HDMI and DVI ports.
test with the motherboard output?
get a hdmi to dvi cable

Jan 18, 2021
don't find in google the closest one is Phillips 223V5LSB which have vga and dvi
It is almost the same with this one: https://www.emag.ro/monitor-led-phi...CGQKknoQASMr4QL7FPydmDLl4tYDqIehoC0F8QAvD_BwE
As you can see the conectivity is 1xVGA. It was about 100 USD
Tomorow I will look for an older GPU I have in my home. I will see if the PC will work with that older GPU. If yes, I will buy the cable. if not...I will buy a new GPU . Anyway thank you very much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.