My display goes black while playing video games

Khrisna

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
Hey guys,i have a problem with my display recently and im new to pc gaming and i just built it myself .

But sometimes it goes black when i was playing video games,
for couple seconds it was very smooth 60+ FPS but when the black screen "attacks" it will go black for couple seconds and then the game goes below 30 FPS :(
and the second problem:

when i was watching videos on youtube the display will goes "no signal"

My pc specs:

AMD athlon X4 640 3.0Ghz
Geforce 210 :(
8GB 1600 Mhz Dual channel
unknown power supply
ECS motherboard
320GB WD blue hard drive

is this problem has to do with bottlenecking or its just my display?
can you guys help me?
and also sorry for my bad english ;)

Solution
so I have some questions and some possible answers
Questions:
1. When the screen goes blank, do you still hear sound out of the speakers?
2. what kind of power supply do you have? Please try to find out. Just the wattage amount
3. Did you try another gpu and monitor?

Possible answers:
Card drawing too much power. It may be stopping itself because it is drawing too much power and needs to adjust its voltage, hence why the lower frame rates may be occuring. there are ways that you can lower gpu voltage intake, like MSI afterburner. Afterburner is an overclocking utility, but you can also use it to adjust gpu voltage. Try lowering the voltage and the power limit.

blackbeard34

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
I would check driver version; try updating drivers. I would also check the 'advanced' power options in control panel and make sure pci express - linked State Power Management is turned off. I would check refresh rate; try alt monitor. There are quite few things could be causing this issue. Could be card not getting enough power and loses signal. Also could be card overheating. I would also check power supply in system. Lots of variables.

Khrisna

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016

i have updated all my drivers and i still get the same problem.

Khrisna

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016

what is linked state power management? and where can i found the setting? im in Windows 10

Cole_9

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
so I have some questions and some possible answers
Questions:
1. When the screen goes blank, do you still hear sound out of the speakers?
2. what kind of power supply do you have? Please try to find out. Just the wattage amount
3. Did you try another gpu and monitor?

Possible answers:
Card drawing too much power. It may be stopping itself because it is drawing too much power and needs to adjust its voltage, hence why the lower frame rates may be occuring. there are ways that you can lower gpu voltage intake, like MSI afterburner. Afterburner is an overclocking utility, but you can also use it to adjust gpu voltage. Try lowering the voltage and the power limit.

Solution

rahul.hotkar.3

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017
yes exactly same happens like you mention my screen goes black and i still do here sound from speakers i mean the game music and my power supply is of iball of 500W but i didn't have any other gpu or monitor.