Question My display resolution really won’t change to 1080p

Dec 9, 2019
I have been trying to upgrade my dads pc to a new ssd with win10 on it. It works fine except the display resolution. It doesn’t do 1080 and is stuck on a weird low res setting. I’ve tried new monitors, new monitor drivers, and more. Even CRU doesn’t work.

Apparently it is an issue with the display adapter (gt610) which worked fine in win7. It says “error code 43 windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems”. This causes the display adapter to default to the windows default. Which doesn’t support CRU custom resolutions.

I’ve tried updating the nvidia drivers, disabling and reenabling the gpu in device manager turning my pc on and off etc. nothing works. Why doesn’t it work? My monitor is plugged into the gpu like it is supposed to. Does it have to do with the PCI serial port? Because that too has driver issue I haven’t been able to solve yet.

Thanks so much for helping.

I have been trying to upgrade my dads pc to a new ssd with win10 on it. It works fine except the display resolution. It doesn’t do 1080 and is stuck on a weird low res setting. I’ve tried new monitors, new monitor drivers, and more. Even CRU doesn’t work.

Apparently it is an issue with the display adapter (gt610) which worked fine in win7. It says “error code 43 windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems”. This causes the display adapter to default to the windows default. Which doesn’t support CRU custom resolutions.

I’ve tried updating the nvidia drivers, disabling and reenabling the gpu in device manager turning my pc on and off etc. nothing works. Why doesn’t it work? My monitor is plugged into the gpu like it is supposed to. Does it have to do with the PCI serial port? Because that too has driver issue I haven’t been able to solve yet.

Thanks so much for helping.
please post a list of system specs