[SOLVED] My display setting is lying to me

Jun 3, 2021
I have recently removed my gtx 1060 and decided to use my intel onboard vga (Im using i3-8100) using vga cable. The problem is my monitor currently only display at 720p, although in my setting it said 1920x1080.
I have updated to the newest intel graphic driver. My monitor displays well at 1080p with another computer, but doesnt work with my onboard-cpu-pc . I've checked every setting, and it always say my screen is now 1920x1080. But what im truely seeing right now at my screen is just 720p quality.

Please help me, thank you guys so much.

Solution
I have recently removed my gtx 1060 and decided to use my intel onboard vga (Im using i3-8100) using vga cable. The problem is my monitor currently only display at 720p, although in my setting it said 1920x1080.
I have updated to the newest intel graphic driver. My monitor displays well at 1080p with another computer, but doesnt work with my onboard-cpu-pc . I've checked every setting, and it always say my screen is now 1920x1080. But what im truely seeing right now at my screen is just 720p quality.

What makes you think it's at 720? Are all of the windows larger in size? Maybe it's just a fuzzy display but at the right resolution. Take a few screenshots on the system you are...

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
Does your monitor have an HDMI/DisplayPort port? I pulled up the specs for the UHD 630 and it seems like Intel doesn't provide maximum resolution on VGA connection. Could be that the UHD 630 isn't playing nice with VGA connection above 720p.

What makes you think it's at 720? Are all of the windows larger in size? Maybe it's just a fuzzy display but at the right resolution. Take a few screenshots on the system you are using and the other computer. If the window size looks the same, they are both at the same resolution.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS