[SOLVED] My display shuts off and my gpu fans ramp up to 100% or more ?

Jul 17, 2021
In a previous thread i asked about the kernal 41 error. i now know that wasnt the issue that was just the hard shutdown causing that. i have replaced my old psu with a newer (mediocre) psu and have reapplied thermal paste to my gpu multiple times. i havent had the issue for months since the last time i replaced the paste but after changing it twice since it started again 2 days ago its still having the issue any help would be appreciated.
CPU: i5 10400F @2.90 GHZ
Motherboard: Gigabyte b460M GAMING HD
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER MINI ITX OC 6GB Video Card
PSU: Gigabyte GP-P650B 650W 80+ Bronze Power Supply
PC Case: Thermaltake Versa H18 Window Micro Chassis

Solution
You might want to look into the issues Gigabyte has been having with it's PR team and it's so called customers/clients/market. I've never trusted Gigabyte with PSU's especially considering that Gigabyte have been known to introduce rev numbers on their motherboard PCB's to denote revisions but in reality what they did was reduce the number of quality components or replace them with mediocre ones.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/kernal-power-41-error.3713844/post-22388319
^ the prior PSU isn't any better than the new one you have.

Can you state what version of Windows 10 you're on at the time of writing? You should also check and see what the BIOS version for your motherboard is.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to look into the issues Gigabyte has been having with it's PR team and it's so called customers/clients/market. I've never trusted Gigabyte with PSU's especially considering that Gigabyte have been known to introduce rev numbers on their motherboard PCB's to denote revisions but in reality what they did was reduce the number of quality components or replace them with mediocre ones.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/kernal-power-41-error.3713844/post-22388319

Can you state what version of Windows 10 you're on at the time of writing? You should also check and see what the BIOS version for your motherboard is.

Solution
Jul 17, 2021
im running on the latest windows 10 update available to me and i do not know how to check my bios version. i havent touched the bios since i built the pc

Jul 17, 2021

would you recommend i buy a new PSU, could this new one be having the same issue as prior